Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple problems with version 3.4 Pleae help

Tuner in Training

Multiple problems with version 3.4 Pleae help

Ok I just switched from 2.24 to 3.4 and Im having all kinds of issues. Mostly with VCM Scanner. I just sent someone home untuned after driving around trying to streettune for an hour and nothing is reading right. I imported my custom configs for sd tune and maf tune from version 2.24 and nothing is working properly. I had to set up my wideband all over again but it isnt reading correctly. Gauge is showing different afrs than vcm scanner is showing. finally switched to STFTs to try to at least get him close that way but its not logging those correctly either and just populates all cells that he hits with 5s.to make matters worse, everytime I save a bin it sets it to read only and then I have to goto file properties or it wont let me save any changes I make. I never had any of these issues with 2.24!! I guess Im going to go back to 2.24 just like I did after trying 3.0 if I cant get all this working correclty in short order.Anybody got any ideas?

Post your channels file, layout file, and a sample log.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    You think thats bad? Lol check out my log in my thread below. The scanner slowly dies. And all values go to zero

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner in Training
    this is the scan from the ride home after giving up. I loaded the stock tune and just tryed to log the ride home. LTFTs all went to 5 and as I mentioned earlier, there was a huge variation between my WB gauge and what was showing on the scanner. Obviously you cant see that in the log file. I was also forced to used lo res commanded afr because the regular commanded afr refused to populate when I was trying to add it after deleting it when it didnt work the first time! When I say refused to populate, i mean since it wasnt working, I deleted the channel, tryed to add it back and no matter how many times i double clicked it, it simple would not appear in my channels! My wideband wasnt working at all when I first imported the original config file but after deleting it and reading it started reading but as I mentioned, there was a large descrepency between my gauge and my laptop so I was afraid to make any changes because i wasnt sure what was correct.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    You think thats bad? Lol check out my log in my thread below. The scanner slowly dies. And all values go to zero
    I feel you man.I haven't been able to get anything above version 2.24 to work without a bunch of headaches Tryed 3.0...back to 2.24 after a few weeks, same with 3.2 and now looks like 3.4 as well. This time just especially ticked me off because I normally test on my own vehicle but its currently down with an ignition issue so this time it happened on a customer vehicle. NOT GOOD! im starting to see why so many tuners are still running 2.24 or switching to a tuner software I wont mention here.

change of subject, where are you located in TN? Anywhere near Knoxville?
    Last edited by Liltroy; 01-15-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Tuner
    Bartlett. Memphis area

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner
    here's a pic of all of my bad maf data that is totally incorrect.

Bad Data.png

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner in Training
    wow youre moving a ton of air,lol. you sure your decimal just isnt in the wrong place? all your readings look funny to me????

Tuner
    Nah. Scanner fail. I posted a thread about the scanner dying off slowly during a wot pull. I posted a log too. Check it out. It's good till the end when all values except wide band taper off to zip. Weird thing is only happens during wot.

Tuning Addict
    Woohoo, so it's not just me I've had them looking into my scanner for a little over two weeks now... Been doing weird stuff ever since the last update - was hoping an update would come out and it would magically be fixed...

Do any of yours display weird while logging and then if you save it and reopen it - it shows normally as it should? That's what I've noticed mine doing... It will originally show completely blank cells when you start logging to even while your logging and then if you save, close and reopen - it's fine??? I finally wound up having to take screenshots and send them in with my logs... I think they're still blaming it on my layout, but I don't know at this point since the layout was working fine before? I did add some math parameters and graphs - maybe this has started bogging it down? I have no idea...

Mine also just stops logging right around 13 to 15 minutes usually or it will stop logging a large portion of channels while some keep working...

HPT's has the best scanner and tuning software out there, so I won't be switching unless it's a last resort - I just wish it was back to working correctly... Cost me a lot of injector pulsewidth correction time - actually set me back a days worth having to let the engine re-cool every time it stopped logging
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

If you're randomly losing the data feed, that's a good indication that your USB connection is not solid.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    If you're randomly losing the data feed, that's a good indication that your USB connection is not solid.
    the only problem with this theory that if you go back to version 2.24 everything starts working fine again.

Tuner
    In response to huggins; when I get bad data, it stays bad after saving. My USB connection is fine. This really needs to be fixed. I can't get much data over 5200 rpm before it dies and corrupts all the data.

Tuning Addict
    Yeah, I made sure it wasn't my usb connection - using a nearly new laptop just to verify Not to mention good gold plated usb cable as I've had problems with it in the past plus I sent HPT all of my info logs right after the problem happened which apparently didn't show any connection issues and finally - this seems to be related to just the last update as I didn't even notice any of these problems until then?

I noticed - for whatever reason - mine gradually got better after about a week - at least at that point it didn't just stop logging anymore? Just went to leaving cells blank at that point and would show them populated after saving, closing and reopening...

AND it's not just 3.4 as 3.5 is doing the same thing...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

From some of the logs I've seen, they're logging more parameters than 2.24 can support, so it's not a 1:1 comparison.

Reduce the parameters you log, try different parameters, etc.. Do some basic trouble shooting.. See if you can isolate it to a certain parameter, multiple parameters, too many parameters, etc..

If you can tell us "I can log X, but as soon as I add Y the problem shows up", that certainly helps.

You can also try logging with no layout controls open at all.. close all your gauges/graphs/charts, etc.. and see if the problem still exists.. If it does, you've ruled out your layout as an issue.

Tuner
    Keith, I never had this issue before the .48 update. I guess when I get a chance I will kill all channels except for what I need for WOT fueling corrections. And see what happens. Mark

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuning Addict
    Keith, I too didn't have problems until the last update, BUT I also added in some math parameters and a couple of graphs at the same time, Soooo... You should have my layout - I don't ever use the gauges... Something I noticed when paying really close attention to it - the graph hanging just before it goes to completely die out will follow O2 switching identically - if the line in the chart goes to change direction - the scanner will almost freeze, then it may or may not catch back up - always corresponds to O2 switching or a line in the charts making a sudden change... Not sure if that helps or confuses more, but that's what I've noticed when it was doing it...

I also changed my wideband setup to using 2 AEM OBD setups - I've always used 2 widebands, but this is the first time I've used 2 OBD setups in conjunction - not sure if that helps any or not?
    Last edited by GHuggins; 01-16-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Added more information

~Greg Huggins~

Try some of the things I suggested.. See if you can narrow it down to "Works with X, but as soon as I do Y, it doesn't work."

Tuning Addict
    Just downloaded the latest beta Keith - I'll see if it starts showing the cells correctly after lunch - if it doesn't I redo my scanner...

~Greg Huggins~

I emailed support they told me it was something on my end .Nice to hear others are having issues.