Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple problems with version 3.4 Pleae help

Tuner in Training
    just reinstalled 2.24 and everything working fine as it always has. AFRs read the same from gauge to scanner and fuels trims are logging real numbers again. Guess Ill get to finish that tune this weekend but I wont be using 3.4 again. Glad I didnt change any of my other tunes with this garbage. Let me know when an update comes out that everyone ISN'T having issues with. Until then Im joining the "not using anything past build 2.24" club.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrich0908 View Post
    I emailed support they told me it was something on my end .Nice to hear others are having issues.
    yea thats probably what theyve told the hundreds of other customers as well. "fix it yourself" seems to be the norm around here.

Tuner in Training
    I'm new hear and just bought the HPtuners suit and thought I read somewhere that you need 3.4.48 to tune 2017 GM gen 5. I have a 2017 Z06 and hope this is not going to be a problem.

Thanks

If there were many users having issues with 3.4, you'd hear about it on the forums..

Right now there's like 3 people that seem to be having separate issues, and a ton of people that aren't having any..

Help us help you.. Post your log, channels file and layouts file.. try things to see if you can isolate it, etc.. Help us help you. A little problem solving goes a long way in helping us find out what is affecting you specifically. These issues aren't wide spread, they are extremely isolated incidents, which make them very difficult for us to problem solve. In many cases though, customers can find workarounds and give us clues where to look so we can patch the issues for the next version.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    If there were many users having issues with 3.4, you'd hear about it on the forums..

Right now there's like 3 people that seem to be having separate issues, and a ton of people that aren't having any..

Help us help you.. Post your log, channels file and layouts file.. try things to see if you can isolate it, etc.. Help us help you. A little problem solving goes a long way in helping us find out what is affecting you specifically. These issues aren't wide spread, they are extremely isolated incidents, which make them very difficult for us to problem solve. In many cases though, customers can find workarounds and give us clues where to look so we can patch the issues for the next version.
    Log and layout was already posted right after you asked the first time.I got zero feedback after posting them which is why I gave up and went back to 2.24

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiall View Post
    I'm new hear and just bought the HPtuners suit and thought I read somewhere that you need 3.4.48 to tune 2017 GM gen 5. I have a 2017 Z06 and hope this is not going to be a problem.

Thanks
    yep, pretty sure you need it with the gen 5s but I dont tune anything past gen4 and probably wont until I get an update that doesn't frustrate me to death.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltroy View Post
    yep, pretty sure you need it with the gen 5s but I dont tune anything past gen4 and probably wont until I get an update that doesn't frustrate me to death.
    Same here, i had problems with all 3+ versions, as i don't do any 5gens i stick to 2.24 which works excellend compared to any new crap. On 2013 Camaro and 2012 Mustang on all stock setings in Scanner i was't able to loof STFT, LTFT, MAF and some others, 2.24 dose it with even a glitch. Something went wrong with this Scanner stuff ...

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by wasyl View Post
    Same here, i had problems with all 3+ versions, as i don't do any 5gens i stick to 2.24 which works excellend compared to any new crap. On 2013 Camaro and 2012 Mustang on all stock setings in Scanner i was't able to loof STFT, LTFT, MAF and some others, 2.24 dose it with even a glitch. Something went wrong with this Scanner stuff ...

best regards
    It's likely you were not grabbing the correct channels to populate your layout, or your layout was configured for the wrong channels.

I hate to say it, but it's typically "user error".. The forum is the perfect place though to get help in setting up channel configs, and layouts to pair them with.

Litroy, sorry someone hasn't looked at your 3 files yet.. Usually other members of the forum are pretty active in helping people setup their scanner.. sometimes posts do go unnoticed.

Tuner
    Well, I even tried clean install, setting up everything with How too's and again no luck. 2.24 works fine on all cars i scan ...

it's easy to say user error. I'm IT guy, i do know how stuff works, i can manage with lot's of different problems,i do tune on lots of standalones, stock ECM/PCM, carbs etc. but fighting with 3+ vesions takes to much time when 2.24 does it job just like that. I wonder why changing so much in scanner rather then just fixing small issues on one that was working.
    I've read all about new features, faster upload time etc. but still that is not that much improvment over problems i can find allover the board.

I hav sent Q's thru support, no answer for like 7 or mor days. You'll say give me Ticket no. and You'll look to it, and it happens all the time when i read differen threads.
    So fingers crossed for fast update that will cure all the issues, but untill then staying with 2.24 because it just works as it should.

best regards

Since we started the company 14? years ago.. there have always been software problems "all over the board". It's a software product. It's not perfect, people have issues, and they post about it. That's part of this forums use! THis was no different in the 2.24 days.

Start a new thread and post your channels config file, your layout file, and some scans, and you might get some more attention.

Keep your thread clean and focused. Be clear about what your problems you're having are. Keep it simple. It will be easier for others to help you this way.

Tuning Addict
    Look everyone - I'm one of the one's having weird scanner issues and still haven't been able to get around to seeing whether or not the new beta fixed it as I'm trying to get a dyno issue sorted out at the moment (seems everything took a dump at the same time ), BUT there is no point in going crazy on the 3x platforms... I too was skeptical at changing over when it was originally made beta, but being honest here - I like it far better than the 2.24 platform... I would like to be able to log as many channels as possible, but may require a better laptop to do so? I'm wondering if that's not what's going on for me right now anyway - as I've stated - the problem is present when my lines in the charts display start making sudden direction changes such as when my O2's are oscillating normally - I assume this is some sort of processing issue? Still haven't been able to test, so don't know...

I've also used just about all of the other tuning softwares out there - trust me - hpt is far superior in customer service, layout and what they give you access to... You want to go on and on - go use sct - you'll be back to hpt in under a day Took me 3 months to get diablo to add injection timing tables - not sure how anyone tuned one of them for a cam before that without doing a lot of hacking?

I know how much of a pita it is when you have scanner issues - this one cost me an extra 2 days in tuning time, but the dyno took a dump in the end so it didn't really matter... I should have it back up and going tomorrow, but who knows at this point?

Just listen to and do what Keith suggest - hopefully we can get it sorted out...

Just saying...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Not sure if it helps you any right now Keith, but using the latest version of 3.5's beta I didn't have any issues after deleting out about half of my math parameters that I wasn't using - I actually added another chart group and it worked for the brief time I used it today... I'll try to use 3.4 some tomorrow if I get other problem childs sorted out to see if what ever you did to the beta fixed the problems or if it was the math parameters that I deleted out...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

That's still to general.

We need a clear way to reproduce. For example, my config with all of this crashes, but as soon as I do X (where X is a single action), it works.

Deleting half of your math parameters means it could be related to too many math params, or maybe a specific math in that group, and then, perhaps a way one of the view controls interacts with one of those maths. It's not enough info.

Advanced Tuner
    Considered adding telemetry to the software Keith? Eg sending dongle info, scanner logs, debug.dat,appdata folder, complete log of all buttons pressed etc.

Cache it and send when they next come online. Would take the guess work out as you can completely replicate their situation.

Small time investment that would certainly save hours of support back and forth. Especially the first email "send your debug.dat" which can mean a 2 day delay in getting support purely due to time differences. If they already had the file there would be almost a halving in the time to close the average support request.

Be less than a months work for an experienced programmer.

Tuning Addict
    ^^^^ Yes, I think possibly everyone gets a little tired of the back and forth game with support of we need this then we need this then oh yeah can you send this too Not being an ass here either...

On a side note - I'm just realizing that I've got the exact same problem that others are experiencing, but not as severe... Unless other people were actually paying attention - I don't think they would realize it was going on... I'm getting different numbers after closing and reopening the logs... The problem of the cells not showing when I start the scanner is still there - no change after deleting the maths - may have just been a fluke that it appeared to work before? Attaching pictures showing all of this as sending you the log would just show the problem gone and I think this is really the problem why your not finding anything - not even sure without you duplicating the problem on your end on a vehicle that it would be possible for you to find anything wrong?

The first pic is with the missing cell and if you look at the numbers in the corresponding cells compared to the saved, closed and reopened log - they're different - not completely, but different - enough that it has me chasing my tail on dialing in my fueling within 5% errors...
    Attached Images Attached Images

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Log and Layout, but as stated - I doubt they're going to help anything...

~Greg Huggins~

Is it plotting a math parameter? If so, what's the function? Does it only seem to affect math parameters?

Take before/after screenshots of +, -, and C as well.

Tuning Addict
    It is plotting a math parameter - calculated MAF - honestly didn't check fuel trim plots or anything else to see if all are affected... This math parameter gets me within a 2% error on the very first pass and up until recently was working beautifully... I will try to get more screen shots for you Keith...

~Greg Huggins~

Math parameter can't plot live data, but can only plot data based on the last known values for variables it relies on.

However, when save and reload the data, the code behind the scenes can now interpolate the math between known variable points, to give you a more accurate number.

Tuning Addict
    Is there any chance at all that can be changed Keith... Everything in tuning is pretty much custom math equations and if the only way to get accurate data is to save, close and reopen - well that just seems drawn out to say the least...

Is this also why the parameters are showing blank cells until it's closed and reopened? This is starting to seem like an uphill battle

~Greg Huggins~