Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple problems with version 3.4 Pleae help

Advanced Tuner
    Well that explains why math parameters didn't work as I expected.

I would probably put a popup warning that.

To answer your second question, yes.

Increase your min cell count filter if you want more accurate results. You can also make sure the variables your math are requesting are polled at fast rates. That reduces the interpolation error.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuning Addict
    For we not so informed out there Keith - how does one go about increasing the min cell count filter? I've already got polling interval set at the quickest they'll go, but it only "tries" to get near this correct? In other words it will prioritize things more to how it sees fit?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Graphs -> Graphs Layout -> Cell Hits Required

Tuning Addict
    Oh your talking about that... OK, so your saying make it hit the cell more times of course makes it more accurate - averages it out better so to speak, but it also really has the ability to slow things down even more, so what's the lowest number one could put into this and it still log things at a decent rate and still get almost "perfect" data?

I still think the blank cells are a different issue, but if this saves having to save, close and reopen - which I think still needs a different implemented fix - it should at least be that much more better...

Next question - with the new scanner being able to log what it can channel, graph and chart wise and it trying to log all of these as quickly and accurately as possible while at the same time making rather large log file sizes - this has to strain the processing abilities of laptops - what would you recommend as being the smallest processor and memory sizes one should look for in a laptop to really be able to utilize everything without running into issues like these?

I also noticed today while logging that I lost all of my bank 2 wideband inputs to the scanner - tried re-polling - no go - tried unplugging from OBD port on car - no go - tried shutting down scanner, reopening and restarting - no go - unplugged usb from interface - no go - unplugged obd from interface - fixed it - makes absolutely no sense - how can a CAN network be fixed by unplugging and plugging back in a connector to the interface when only one part of the CAN network "the second AEM wideband" wasn't registering and more or less reinitializing was done several times up until this point?

Thanks Keith
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

Log not showing in 3.4

Heres my read and log. Log not working after saving it
    Attachment 66269gto jan 21 2017.hpl
    gto jan 21 2017.hpljan 25 read 2017.hpt

• 10.1 inch High-resolution 1280 x 800 IPS Screen
    • Intel? ATOM™ Quad-Core Processor Z3735G (2M Cache, up to 1.83 GHz)
    • 1GB DDR3L; 32GB onboard storage
    • WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
    Last edited by Mongorat427; 01-27-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Tuning Addict
    Scanner still dies out after logging for 13 to 15 minutes for me too Keith - is it possible it's just my laptops processing speed? Seems like everyone with 2 or under is having problems? May just be coincidence???

~Greg Huggins~

Try logging less things, have less displays open, etc.. like I mentioned before, try some things to see what you can narrow it down to.

Tuning Addict
    I've tried removing channels - helps - but doesn't fix / removed graphs - didn't do anything / added to charts, so probably made things worse there? All of this really started after setting up two of the AEM OBD widebands now that I'm really thinking about it, BUT at the same time I changed my graphs, maths and charts to correspond - I also have my widebands being referenced as both lambda and air fuel - is it just that I'm using these two inputs for so many different math parameters and equations? Is there any chance at all that it's the processing speed of my laptop - assume this is what your getting at by trying to remove channels and so on...

~Greg Huggins~

My "Manifold Air Temp" hasn't worked since I think 3.1.......... These days on the 3.4 (latest). It shows a temp when you start the scan (dunno if its right) and doesn't change.... at all.

I'm trying to determine some manifold temp changes for VE...... so doesn't help this doesn't work. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Tuning Addict
    Not sure if it helps anything Keith, but also noticed bi-directional controls are well - hit and miss - for example closed loop - goes to open loop OK, but requires cycling and finally resetting lt's even though lt's aren't enabled in the tune to get back into closed loop... Then even sometimes requires several attempts to get it working even that way... The ON button function doesn't seem to work at all?

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Keith - with everything on the scanner - locked up after 7 mins / unpinned channels - locked up after 2 minutes (not sure if there is a way to delete off completely?) / deleted charts - locked up after 5 mins / deleted graphs (nothing showing in scanner at this time) - did not lock up or stop logging / added back channels and charts - logged for 32 minutes straight without incident...

I did have to completely close and reopen the scanner before all of this to get back my passenger wideband on the can network - unplugging and replugging / repolling several times did nothing - would show in channels as if it were there - also would show in listing for selecting parameters, but did not show any data - completely blank and because of this was throwing off all of the maths referencing it... After closing and reopening scanner - it went back to working?

Really hoping you don't want me to delete individual graphs now and retest every time? This has already eaten up a lot of my time and doesn't seem like anyone else is bothering to get to the bottom of things???

Let me know Keith.
    Thanks,
    Greg

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Really hoping you don't want me to delete individual graphs now and retest every time? This has already eaten up a lot of my time and doesn't seem like anyone else is bothering to get to the bottom of things???
    Like I said before, that's the only way we'll be able to isolate this. Until you can tell us that it works with X, but not when I do Y, where Y is some very simple action or change, we won't know what the problem is... because the problem is Y. We can't just guess at what Y is. The software is too complex for that.

My scanner works perfect. But my editor don't let me rise the limits in tables above editors max values. I send a lot of emails to the support, but nobody gives me an answer. Also the comparitation log don't copy excact the same values to the new file.
    Terrible! Why does nobody solve this bug???

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Like I said before, that's the only way we'll be able to isolate this. Until you can tell us that it works with X, but not when I do Y, where Y is some very simple action or change, we won't know what the problem is... because the problem is Y. We can't just guess at what Y is. The software is too complex for that.
    What exactly do you want me to do Keith... Right now I've deleted off my 3rd graph and this one for the moment seems to have fixed it - I deleted all 3 of my calculated gmve graphs (gmve from fuel, gmve from airmass and gmve average of the two) - these are my 3 biggest graphs all using math equations...

My scanner works perfect. But my editor don't let me rise the limits in tables above editors max values. I send a lot of emails to the support, but nobody gives me an answer. Also the comparitation log don't copy excact the same values to the new file.
    This is something else I've noticed in the last updates - it no longer lets or ask if you want to exceed the limits - won't let you put in anything less than 0 - was really liking that feature as I could put in my logged data and paste special average from multiple logs without having to use excel - can you bring this back???

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I think your ticket is in the engineering queue for a definition update.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    What exactly do you want me to do Keith... Right now I've deleted off my 3rd graph and this one for the moment seems to have fixed it - I deleted all 3 of my calculated gmve graphs (gmve from fuel, gmve from airmass and gmve average of the two) - these are my 3 biggest graphs all using math equations...
    So, it works with 1 of those, 2 of those, but not all 3?

You need to be very specific what you isolate it down to. Post the layout that it works with, and the layout that it doesn't work with.

Tuning Addict
    I was honestly deleting off the graphs one at a time and not putting them back to see how many graphs the scanner would actually work with... So far I've deleted off all of my calculated gmve graphs...

I also updated right after my last post and once again lost my passenger wideband - only way to get back was to close and reopen the scanner...

~Greg Huggins~

GHuggins curious what your processor is and if you have a SSD... I have core I5 and SSD, I rarely have problems, lately haven't had much. I used to get scanner freezes and sometimes scanner starts with some values showing no data or 0's, not any more. My old laptop has motion sensing to stop the hard drive to protect it... anything like that loading yours down possibly? You could open Resource Monitor, see what your CPU load is doing maybe. But, I do see things happen when stop the log like Wideband signal going from glass smooth to very jerky from high res, HPT your saying the data is more accurate after closing and reopening the data? If this is the case could you simply have the data refresh when the log is stopped OR better yet have an option somewhere to enable/disable that feature?

GHuggins this reminds me of a time we were struggling with Visual Basic losing communication for some project ended up noticing the CPU was maxing out and computer just couldn't keep up. That was along time ago.. computers are much faster these days. Anyway to borrow a laptop with Core I5 + SSD or better just to see if anything changes? Who knows, any way to borrow someone elses HPT Interface and scann with it? Seems like you have more problems than anybody.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 01-30-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    GHuggins curious what your processor is and if you have a SSD... I have core I5 and SSD, I rarely have problems, lately haven't had much. I used to get scanner freezes and sometimes scanner starts with some values showing no data or 0's, not any more. My old laptop has motion sensing to stop the hard drive to protect it... anything like that loading yours down possibly? You could open Resource Monitor, see what your CPU load is doing maybe. But, I do see things happen when stop the log like Wideband signal going from glass smooth to very jerky from high res, HPT your saying the data is more accurate after closing and reopening the data? If this is the case could you simply have the data refresh when the log is stopped OR better yet have an option somewhere to enable/disable that feature?

GHuggins this reminds me of a time we were struggling with Visual Basic losing communication for some project ended up noticing the CPU was maxing out and computer just couldn't keep up. That was along time ago.. computers are much faster these days. Anyway to borrow a laptop with Core I5 + SSD or better just to see if anything changes? Who knows, any way to borrow someone elses HPT Interface and scann with it? Seems like you have more problems than anybody.
    Well it's not so much that I'm having more problems than anyone else as it is no one else seems interested in posting about it - I do get emails and pm's about other people having the same issues and why they always seem to go back to 2.24... I like 3.5 way better than 2.24 and I'm really looking forward to the new version coming out next, but logging more channels and everything may be the whole reason why I and these others are having problems which kind of defeats the purpose...

Other than the freezing and widebands being there one second and gone the next - most of my problems have been fixed with recent updates...

This is why I was asking Keith what would be the absolute ideal setup for the new HPT platform, but I never got an answer... I - like you am thinking its my laptops or the softwares ability to process the information which is why I've said that time and time again - it's way too coincidental that you can see the lines start to hang up within minutes of it finally freezing up - plus the graphs load the system down the most of anything as the cells are having to move around while all of your math parameters are also typically used in the graphs and then finally removing the 3 biggest graphs I had that were all using math equations seemed to fix the problem - not the wideband not being there on startup, but the freezing is temporarily gone...

My processor is old "computer isn't even built anymore", but it is a 2ghz / hd is 500ssd / 32bit OS - it's also one of the very earliest stylus type touchscreen laptops, so no telling on whether or not something is running that's bogging it down - I'm computer illiterate when it comes to that stuff and have even offered to have HPT remote in to check things on my end, but no one seems interested...

I've been looking into this, but the screens too reflective and I'm afraid that would screw up or hinder drivability tuning, plus it's a little pricy even though it has everything else that I like - https://www.amazon.com/Asus-ZENBOOK-...ENBOOK+UX501VW

Thoughts?

~Greg Huggins~