Thread: CTS-V CTSv speedo calcualtion, doesnt it have 3.73 gears why does hpt say it has 1:1

Advanced Tuner

CTS-V CTSv speedo calcualtion, doesnt it have 3.73 gears why does hpt say it has 1:1

2006-2007 CTS-V has the T56 bolted to the engine with V.S.S in the tail shaft. with 3:73s rear gears right? Now why in the heck is it setup like a Vette? with speedo in the rear diff, ad rear mounted t56. Because in the factory speedo settings it says final drive ratio is 1.00 on a CTS-v? I'm so confused!!

Did you click the gear tire wizard under the EDIT tab to see if it shows 3.73's there?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    it says error for tire size and 1.00 for diff gear size?

Is your vss signal coming from the diff itself? If so, 1:1 is correct for all ratios.
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Advanced Tuner
    Vss is coming from the trans it's a 05-06 gto t56 with 17tooth reluctor
    But the stock ctsv has a vss in the trans tailshaft as well? But it's a 40tooth reluctor. A stock tune should not display a gear ratio of 1:1 on a ctsv yet it does hence my confusion? Do I set it to 1, or 3.73 my rear diff is 3.73

In my mind, the only way it should display a 1:1 ratio is if the sensor is looking at tire revolutions instead of driveshaft revolutions. If it is looking at the output shaft, reluctor tooth count and axle ratio must be accounted for. In the corvette, the t56 tune will have it as 1:1 because the sensor is on the diff looking at a reluctor by the ring gear.
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    In my mind, the only way it should display a 1:1 ratio is if the sensor is looking at tire revolutions instead of driveshaft revolutions. If it is looking at the output shaft, reluctor tooth count and axle ratio must be accounted for. In the corvette, the t56 tune will have it as 1:1 because the sensor is on the diff looking at a reluctor by the ring gear.
    My thoughts as well, I've asked around and looked at pictures of ctsv and they all have vss at the trans? It's not a rear mounted t56 like the vette? Must be a second vss in the diff that the ctsv uses?

Anyway I got the speedo working in my swap set up as 3.73 for error and final drive, 26.65" tires 17tooth reluctor, and it seems to be working, except cruise doesn't work. And abs kicks in early the abs and wheel speeds don't match? Which is why I thought I messed up the speedo settings in reality it prob something to do With the abs settings which we can't access?

I'm experimenting with two pcms one for a ctsv manual and one for a auto 09 Colorado. I've converted the auto Colorado in raw hex to be a manual, cruise is now working but abs low speed problem again and abs pulses at low speeds do to mismatched speed. I've tried both efi live and hpt neither seem to fix the and speed problem

But speedo setup ok a e67 for manual seems really strange? Factory 09 colorsdo 2.9l has the tire circumference at 262.5" instead of the expected 26.25" so idk which platform to model my speedo settings as??