Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Cam Tuning a Cobra Jet Manifold on a 2016 GT.

Advanced Tuner

Help Cam Tuning a Cobra Jet Manifold on a 2016 GT.

I think ive got the basics with this file as far as the IMRCs being completely deleted in the tune and the throttle tables that we have available adjusted for the twin 60mm throttle body ill be using as best as I can. I mostly just need some direction retuning the cam tables for the lack of IMRCs especially as far as drivability and idle quaility is concerned. Any help from someone who has done a Boss or CJ on a 15 and up is greatly appreciated. At this point, I am considering using cam mapped points and distance tables from a stock boss 302 as a base and using only those mapped points in my tune and just disabling mapped points after 14 other than OP.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    I think ive got the basics with this file as far as the IMRCs being completely deleted in the tune and the throttle tables that we have available adjusted for the twin 60mm throttle body ill be using as best as I can. I mostly just need some direction retuning the cam tables for the lack of IMRCs especially as far as drivability and idle quaility is concerned. Any help from someone who has done a Boss or CJ on a 15 and up is greatly appreciated. At this point, I am considering using cam mapped points and distance tables from a stock boss 302 as a base and using only those mapped points in my tune and just disabling mapped points after 14 other than OP.
    the easiest thing you can possibly do is disable the master switches for imrc. leave the stock cam tables alone and just tune the op tables. it will still use every map point like factory but you will not have to fool with anything.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    the easiest thing you can possibly do is disable the master switches for imrc. leave the stock cam tables alone and just tune the op tables. it will still use every map point like factory but you will not have to fool with anything.
    Thats what im doing at this point but im concerned about it having poor drivability with the stock cam angles since they are based off the IMRCs being closed at many of those mapped points especially at idle and normal driving.

Thats what im doing at this point but im concerned about it having poor drivability with the stock cam angles since they are based off the IMRCs being closed at many of those mapped points especially at idle and normal driving.
    if I remember without looking I thought they were the same from 0-13 as 14-26
    if not you can just mirror them

Advanced Tuner
    if I remember without looking I thought they were the same from 0-13 as 14-26
    if not you can just mirror them
    2015 has twice as many mapped points and they seem quite a bit different than the 2013 file I have.

Advanced Tuner
    Update. I disabled my IMRCs (forced them open at all times) in my tune on the stock manifold and retuned the VCT settings and got it running great as it sits so once the CJ goes on I at least have a good base file. Just need to dial in OP VCT but I need to buy some dyno time and I wish I had one closer to me. I honestly like the feel of the car without the IMRCs ever being closed it drives very smoothly and honestly feels more responsive at most times.

Update. I disabled my IMRCs (forced them open at all times) in my tune on the stock manifold and retuned the VCT settings and got it running great as it sits so once the CJ goes on I at least have a good base file. Just need to dial in OP VCT but I need to buy some dyno time and I wish I had one closer to me. I honestly like the feel of the car without the IMRCs ever being closed it drives very smoothly and honestly feels more responsive at most times.
    sounds like your on the right track

Advanced Tuner
    Just disable the master switch don't change any other settings in the imrc table? im trying to run my 18 intake on my 16 gt using all mapped points and just trying to dial it in using op vct. do I need to set all the imcr tabs to open? or leave as stock setting and just disable master switch.

Advanced Tuner
    That's right Bill. Just disable the switch and the sensor, below that in the imrc config table, change the zeroes to ones.

Advanced Tuner
    And then just set all the positions in the main imrc table from closed to open correct ? Like for emissions reduction , hardware removal,best fuel economy,best driveability, optimum stability all of those on the main table page should read open correct.

Advanced Tuner
    If the answer is yes to what I asked then I’ll explain why. Cuz im currently at a loss lol .

Advanced Tuner
    I’m close to getting it running 100% with all mapped points active, having a issue where the timing is jumping around drastically at idle once it idles down. Starts in emissions reduction and once it idles down it idle in mapped point 0-1 like usually then it will start heavily pulling from 14 and the timing will go from 5 degrees to like 40 and jump all over.

Advanced Tuner
    Seems to happen when I have the emissions reduction positon set to open in the imrc tab. I had thought that was the way to make it run off all the mapped points. Disable the two switches, in the imrc config tab set 0-13 open instead of closed then set all be positions in the main imrc tab to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Seems to happen when I have the emissions reduction positon set to open in the imrc tab. I had thought that was the way to make it run off all the mapped points. Disable the two switches, in the imrc config tab set 0-13 open instead of closed then set all be positions in the main imrc tab to open.
    dose it run fine with out issues ?

Advanced Tuner
    I normally run WOT tables when doing deletes. I've done one that had no problems in using the settings in the pic below but I still went to WOT mapped points only.

I have my theory your car is blending between those tables but no log or tune file, what else have you changed with the distance tables and IMRC?

The s550's I've tuned do not use the emission reduction tables. I tried using them once and it wouldn't act right. What does your emission reduction mapped point and distance table have in it? 0 = 1, 1 = 11, 2 = 12?
    It idles in mapped point 0 and 14 because 0 of cam angles 0/0, mapped point 14 has 0/0 with different timing. So you're getting emission reduction with the weights in 12, 11, then when it drops down to idle RPM or below what you have in emission reduction, You transfer to 0 and 14 with a rough idle because of the timing differences between the two tables.

imrc.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    ill post a tune and a log when I get home I have to look, I think I have a tune in my email to check, I didn't change any of the distance tables or emissions reduction at all so I can tell you once I can get it open. when you said you went with wot mapped points only even using the settings in the pic what do you mean? also I, that picture are those the only changes you made in the imrc table? just disabled the two switched and left all the other open and closed settings like stock?

Advanced Tuner
    the emissions reduction mapped point READS AS YOU SAID 0-0 1-11 2-12 The emissions reduction distance table is all zeroed out.

Advanced Tuner
    sorry for the caps, damn carpul tunnel

Tuned 2 Cobra Jet's in S550 last month, one with Comp Cams. Both running with IMRC setting at stock position. VCT tuning is a key - you can leave IMRC untouched.

Advanced Tuner
    did you set the imrc config to all open and just leave the stock settings and switches on? did you make changes to the mapped point ivo and evc or just op cam timing?