Thread: Coyote Mustang Strategies

Senior Tuner

Coyote Mustang Strategies

PIDs seem to get added to certain common strategies and not others so if you have a strategy that is known to do good could you please post the stock read here. I've even read some people say that there are differences in different strategies in the background that you don't see in the tune and it makes some better than others. I would just like to have a strategy for 11-12 and a strategy for 13-14 that I know works well and is common enough to have all the new supported parameters added to it and I would license these as the base when tuning any car. Is this a bad approach?

I have good luck with both NA and Blower engines using the Roush strategies. My 2012 GT with a S/C has a FPDW3FA strategy. There are many Roush strategies in the repository. For the 2013/2014s, the FPFR0F4 and FPFR2A5 work well too. I haven't run into many missing PIDs from these strategies. Coming from the Derive/SCT side there are some minor PIDs missing in the HPT software, but overall I haven't been caught out using the Roush stuff.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Senior Tuner
    When I look at the repository I feel like I'm looking at something different than many of you. I've read people say they just uploaded something to the repository before and I never did see it. None of the tunes in the repository indicate that they are Roush strategies. I've found a Roush blower strategy in another thread when researching strategies but have never found an NA Roush tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    I have good luck with both NA and Blower engines using the Roush strategies. My 2012 GT with a S/C has a FPDW3FA strategy. There are many Roush strategies in the repository. For the 2013/2014s, the FPFR0F4 and FPFR2A5 work well too. I haven't run into many missing PIDs from these strategies. Coming from the Derive/SCT side there are some minor PIDs missing in the HPT software, but overall I haven't been caught out using the Roush stuff.
    What PIDS?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Driver Demand Torque and Desired Air Mass are two I came across yesterday that I couldn't log on a 2012 strategy. I didn't check for injector pulse width on this particular car but that's another one.

FPDN0A3

Roush Strategies

Here are three different blower strategies used by Roush. The names might be slightly different than how they were listed in the repository. Strategy is imbedded in the name.

2013 Mustang Roush Stage 3 Stock FPFR0F4.hpt
    2014 Phase 3 Roush Read FPFR2A5.hpt
    Red Roush FPDW3FF.hpt
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Driver Demand Torque and Desired Air Mass are two I came across yesterday that I couldn't log on a 2012 strategy. I didn't check for injector pulse width on this particular car but that's another one.

FPDN0A3
    I believe you have to email support to have IPW added. I emailed them and they added it within 24 hours. I am still waiting on the cold start alcohol to be added though... Eric had said he'd get it added but that was a few weeks ago...so some stuff might get added faster than others

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for posting those. I would love to have the cold start tables added if that fixes the E85 issues. I have logs of a car running in cold start mode with flex fuel turned off and stoich set though so not sure if that's the problem. I'll have to find those logs to send them to support.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Thanks for posting those. I would love to have the cold start tables added if that fixes the E85 issues. I have logs of a car running in cold start mode with flex fuel turned off and stoich set though so not sure if that's the problem. I'll have to find those logs to send them to support.
    The thing is that it should not stay stuck in "cold start emission red...", which tends to occur around e55...it will stay stuck in that mode and max spark advanced it limited to 23* regardless of whether you are in OP mode...

Senior Tuner
    It's much worse than 23 on the early 2011 car I tested it on last. It's low teens if I remember correctly.

Tuner in Training
    15PSI

Do you know if the 2013 or 2014 strategy you posted here are for an auto and whether or not they activate IAT2/air charge temp within the PCM?

Thanks

I'm using FPDX0A5. My car has an FRPP SC on it.

I use FPDX0A8 on my supercharged 2012. Probably almost the same as yours dsblk93gt. I like that much better than the Roush based strategy.

I believe it's an FRPP strategy? Is that correct? I just got HPTuners from my tuner actually and am just digging into things.

I think it is Ford Racing.

do you think we can run FPDX0A8 on a non supercharged 2012 ?

I swap between two strategies on my 07 with 13 coyote swap.

Cruise control - I believe the 11-12s use the same CC switch resistance values as 05-09. And the 13-14s use different resistances. Based on my cruise working with the Crate_6 control pack strategy, but not the factory KWC4 strategy. (I spliced in the 13 pcm, kept the original body harness.) Use Forscan live data to confirm cruise switch functions.

I have found numerous other minor differences between them, OP cam timing, dashpot, OBD settings(Obviously), WOT desired AFR, EPAS switch, so far.

I started with the control pack, but driveability concerns got me to try the factory tune. It wasn't the issue, but allowed me to gain some insight into what my stock 13 coyote likes.

There is a definite difference between the two strategies in how the car drives/feels.
    Last edited by JuiceNA; 04-27-2022 at 06:31 AM.