Thread: F150 VCT Help

Potential Tuner

F150 VCT Help

Hey guys,

Needing a little assistance. I have a 2008 F150 5.4 3v. I am completing the VCT lockout kit and am trying to figure out how to properly tune it. I know HPtuners will allow you just to uncheck the VCT enable box, however won't the truck go into limp mode? The lockout kit locks the cam phasers in full advanced position. Is there anything else that I must change also? For example what would livernois Motorsport change in the tune they sell for like $700? Thank you so much
    Last edited by Jkoprowski; 01-20-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Seriously? No one has any info that they can offer?

Advanced Tuner
    VCT can be turned off in the tune, however if you're having cam phaser issues it will not fix it. That has to be done mechanically with lock outs. Hope that helps.

Advanced Tuner
    change the number of cam sensors from 2 to 0. When the tables are zeroed out it should function like normal, no retard, still uses all valves

Advanced Tuner
    zero out the Variable_cam_angle tables if you have these tables set them to 0

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. I plan to install the lockouts for sure.

Potential Tuner
    HI GUYS,
    can someone help me with the tune of a mustang gt 2007, I blocked the vct, but after that I felt the engine a bit lacking in power.

Thanks