Thread: Gas pedal only works in park and nutral

Gas pedal only works in park and nutral

This is a swap. ECM is 2013 vett and TCM is 2013 vett. I get no codes at all Except brake pedal position switch. but I have done this before with out one and no trouble. the pedal works in park and neutral. as soon as I put it in any other gear the pedal stops working. shows now sign for reduced power and there are no codes set. if i put it back in park or neutral the pedal works again you do not have to cycle the key at all. when I try to drive it don the street if I let the truck pick up speed real easy from an idle and as it picks up speed i give it gas really easy i can get up to 45 or 50. if at any time I try to give it gas to fast the pedal just stops working no codes no reduced power. It is like it is tied to something to do with vss vs throttle. but I cant figure it out. the tunes are here if any one can seee what is wrong it wold be greatly appreciate. By the way I have an 08 ECM here with a vett file, if i plug it in it works fine. I want to use the newer file to support the larger injectors for the blower. I even tryed to swap TCM and it did the same thing no changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    under torque management
    down low "brake torque management"
    try disable then drive around

Tuner in Training
    If you disable the "Brake torque management" and it's not fixed. Try to connect the Pin 1 in J1 plug to Ground as the following diagram link:

http://lt1swap.com/E38%20ECM%20Connector%20Pinouts.htm

Pin Wire Circuit Function
    1 0.35 OG/BK 1786 Park/Neutral Signal goes to transmission range switch ground signal
    Last edited by super-ss; 01-25-2017 at 03:22 AM. Reason: More details