Thread: 2005 Dodge Ram timed out

Tuner in Training

2005 Dodge Ram timed out

First time post, Trying to reflash a 2005 Ram sometimes the HP interface says controller timed out. This is within 10 seconds or less after clicking write entire. The only way I can get around it is to unhook the batteries for 15 min, makes Dyno tuning a real long day.....any advice? I pull the Fass pump relay and ABS fuse. Thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    Batteries fully charged, doors closed, wait 10+ seconds before starting.

Tuner in Training
    ill give that a try, thanks

Tuner in Training
    Still having issue now with a 2003 and a 2005 Ram both get controller timed out. Have to unhook batts for 15 min to get a successful write. Can anyone help?

Tuner in Training
    It might be best if you contact tech support. It takes 2-3 days for them to get back to you and they will want a file of the controller information to best serve you. This seems like a slow moving board to me, compared to others. Less users = less traffic.

Tuner in Training
    thank will do

Potential Tuner
    I use to have the same problem. Put a charger on the passenger side battery. Apparently that's where the ecm gets its juice from. That's what tech support told me to do.

Tuner in Training
    Have a snap on charger with flash stabilizer function. Still gives me grief

Tuner in Training
    Thanks HP tech support, they suggested to try a different USB cable and now no problems, go figure, new cable too.