Thread: 2012 GMC Yukon 6.0 limiter

Tuner in Training

2012 GMC Yukon 6.0 limiter

Hi,
    I'm trying to do a 3rd gear pull on this Yukon. The torque drops on the scan tool and the PCM closes the throttle and pulls timing. I've done this many times on 6L80's without any issues, but this one seems to be fighting me. I've changed the commanded rpm to 6500 and 200mph in commanded gear control limits, set shift points to 6500 for now and vss to 120mph. It won't let me hold the gear.
    The only thing I might see, is the MAF hits 11600HZ and it happens around that time as well, but it may just be a coincidence. This is a truck MAF, and in the tune, it will read well past that and a much higher limit, although I don't know what this truck MAF can actually output max. I know the injector duty cycle is getting up there as well, but I'd like to pull this thing up to 6K at least once to see what it does. It feels like it hits a rev limiter, but if you look at tq mgmt pid it reads TCS. The maf lb/min goes down, even though the frequency stays the same. I've never had this issue before.

mark bush dyno7.hplmark bush dyno6.hplmark bush dyno5.hplmark bush dyno4.hplmark bush dyno3.hplMark Bush Cam maggie mod 6.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I just turned off TM when it was on the dyno. Turned off Spark and ETC and got it to work on the dyno. Put it back on for the street and it's fine now.

Tuner in Training
    would spining the front tires while doing a pull help?
    need a 4 wheel dyno