Thread: Base Running Airflow Tuning

Base Running Airflow Tuning

Just a quick question when tuning RAF. I have seen multiple answers on this and just would like to double check before jumping into it. I will be tuning my base running idle airflow with the Russ K config files. When tuning the RAF, should I have STIT and LTIT on or off? is there anything else that should be on or off to gather the correct values? thanks.

anyone have any insight on this? I know lots of people have tuned their BRAF with his config files, but not sure if I should turn on or off all my adaptive controls.

Senior Tuner
    You adaptive idle controls need to be set to 0's so your scanned information is not skewed. If you are auto, I would set up neutral first. Then with neutral done and your happy, transfer a little of that error to your Drive RAF. Then tune In Gear. It'll take a couple of weekends to get this correct. You'll know your on the mark when your error is less than 1%. Yes, less than 1% error is what to shoot for in this process. When your all done, put your adaptive tables back to stock.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

awesome, thank you