Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Focus ST - Desired Torque Drops

Senior Tuner
    Could it be the blow through slope logic? Popcorn refers to late combustion that dumps fuel into the exhaust. It would be one of the few ways the ECU would know about this happening. EVC/IVO values on MP 10 would promote most blow through during boost.
    Looks like the limit is happening spread across MPs 9, 10, and 13. 10 and 13 have lower values until 3000RPM. After that all MP are the same.
    Also you are right at the maximum load table values if you correct for BP.

Might be as simple as enabling OP VCT have the exhaust cam rotate back toward 0 sooner to prevent the extra BT from higher boost levels. Or modify the drivability distance table to go to MPs closer to 0 sooner.
    Last edited by murfie; 03-31-2017 at 05:01 AM.

I know if I rotate the cam back sooner, I will lose torque. On the F150s, there are a couple of tables that exist that can be changed to raise the popcorn limit. Unfortunately, when I emailed support, they said those tables do not exist in this calibration.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Senior Tuner
    Those tables you refer to are to prevent misfires. Have you tried lowering the ECT temperature for misfire detection under engine diag. to some thing like 150*. It may ignore those tables at operating temps then.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, anyone found a solution to this problem all this time? I have excatly the same problem on my 2017 focus st, and i cant find a solution. My desired torque drops just above 3350-3400 rpm.

Potential Tuner
    Bumping this back up, same exact issue on a '17 FOST here. Desired torque drops off at ~3500rpm, and sets a flat limit of 285 or 286 torque. Ive been through 50+ tune revisions, talked with a professional ST/ecoboost tuner, and contacted HPT support. So far nobody can figure out why it's happening.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by soad85 View Post
    Bumping this back up, same exact issue on a '17 FOST here. Desired torque drops off at ~3500rpm, and sets a flat limit of 285 or 286 torque. Ive been through 50+ tune revisions, talked with a professional ST/ecoboost tuner, and contacted HPT support. So far nobody can figure out why it's happening.
    What do all of your sources say?

I just had a problem with my F150 where all of my sources looked fine, and my desired brake torque was good, but my actual torque was dumping and throttle closing. Ended up being the turbo pressure ratio table. There was no indication that was the issue.
    2014 F150 EcoBoost

Advanced Tuner
    ANYONE EVERY FIGURE THIS OUT? LOL i have same issue