Thread: 6l80e torque management

Potential Tuner

6l80e torque management

What is the process for reducing torque management in a 6l80e transmission, I cant seem too find any tables related too disable a small portion of it, just an enable disable tab. I'm new too the 6l80e. Im used too the old 4l60e and 4l80e.

Advanced Tuner
    6L80 / 6L90 is a completely different animal from the 4L60 or 4L80.

The calibration has hundreds of adjustable parameters.

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...rs-walkthrough

To improve the shift quality or feel, adjustments will need to be made to shift times, shift pressures, and adaptive pressure (start with oncoming pressure preset).

Best not to adjust torque management until you have anything else squared away, and then torque management should only be reduced (not disabled).

Agreed, don't touch any TM untill you understand these transmissions.

You can get them to shift quicker, act better and drive nicer without even really touching anything TM related.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Hey guys I'm new to tuning and have a 2012 camaro ss with the l99 and 6l80 and have been researching the tcm settings, stock vs what my tuners have done. Yes tuners. I had a remote tune after my cam install and then a dyno tune where both tuners disabled torque management. It seems like a lot of guys on here don't recommend on turning off torque management. So why did two tuners turn it off? Should I turn it back on?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to tuning and have a 2012 camaro ss with the l99 and 6l80 and have been researching the tcm settings, stock vs what my tuners have done. Yes tuners. I had a remote tune after my cam install and then a dyno tune where both tuners disabled torque management. It seems like a lot of guys on here don't recommend on turning off torque management. So why did two tuners turn it off? Should I turn it back on?
    Some tuners say "don't mess with it" then turn it off like hypocrites on 6 speeds.

Turn it back on, and tune it right.