Thread: Replaced Injectors

Tuner in Training

Replaced Injectors

I replaced my stock injectors PN 12613412 with new AC Delco injectors of the same part number and now my LTFTs show ~15 to 25% rich. Is this normal variation for injectors? I have no idea how many miles were on the last set but I'm wondering if they were partially clogged. Should I retune VVE and MAF or should I make an adjustment to my injector data?

Senior Tuner
    Where did you buy the new injectors? Amazon or Ebay?

Was it tuned previously with the original injectors?

Tuner in Training
    Ebay and yes it was tuned fairly well with the previous injectors ~+\-3%

Senior Tuner
    My first guess is counterfeit injectors unless you bought them from bjessesports which have been proven as good.

What have you changed other than injectors? Is there a reason you can't put the stock MAF/VE back in it and see if trims also return to stock? This is a bunch of guessing which is not a good way to get accurate advice, since nobody here knows what you have or what's been done to it or what's in your tune file or what your logs look like when using that tune file. '20 Questions' is not an effective diagnostic strategy.

I keep wanting to use the 'Is it bigger than a breadbox?' line on one of these vague posts like this, then I remember that no one under about 40 years old will know what the hell a breadbox is...

Tuner in Training
    I bought them from cdro_94 $50 for 8 and looking around their Ebay store I could see how they may be counterfeit. Sorry about the vagueness of my post. I left that info out because the injectors were the only thing changed. The vehicle is a 2011 Silverado 1500 that I swapped in a 6.0 L96 with higher comp pistons, cam, VVT delete, aftermarket exhaust and a 6L90 trans. I swapped injectors in pursuit of making the idle a little more consistent but then caused this issue. I guess that's what I get for trying to fix something that wasn't that much of an issue. If they are counterfeit I may just try to clean the originals and put them back in.

Senior Tuner
    I have no way of knowing if they may be counterfeit or not. Maybe your originals where or maybe they had major problems. That's the problem with buying from ebay, they could be counterfeit so who knows.

Most sellers that "ship from multiple warehouse" are likely drop shipping. Who knows if that drop shipper is pulling them straight off the boat from China.

Any listing that uses language like 'upgrade injectors for...' or think they're describing something useful by stating the number of holes an injector has... fakes.

I can only recommend these, from this seller, in this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274424906026

The price is not an indicator of fakeness, this number and this number only is super cheap everywhere: $21/ea @ Rockauto and $35/ea @ GM dealer parts counters. That's less than half the average price for any other legit GM injector.

Tuner in Training
    Here's a link to what I bought
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/314175145846
    What's your opinion fake or not?

Senior Tuner
    Really no way of knowing. I don’t like the shipping from CA and NY because lot of the generic stuff on eBay from China comes from both since they have large ports of entry.