Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Injection Timing Assistance Requested

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    running WOT u want to be on a dyno or where u can see any gains as the more u delay the injection the less time the fuel has to start the atomization process so if u delay it enough (but not too much) u can use the delayed fuel atmo to get more timing into it sorta like a octane boost, u dont want to delay too much tho as u want all the fuel that goes in to burn up so its not hanging around for the next cycle causing more issues with self det

Advanced Tuner
    Also, delaying EOIT too long can lead to the (poorly atomized) fuel washing oil off of the cylinder walls.

Who here has measured with a scope the EOIT on the injectors vs crank sensor signal?

Quote Originally Posted by yellz06 View Post
    Who here has measured with a scope the EOIT on the injectors vs crank sensor signal?
    I don't know if this helps but they did something with Gen3 here
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post559828

I took it one step further and predicted some positions for later injection and valve events etc... but its just a guess work
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post683573

Injection timing, I log ipw and adjust up/down the ing timing until I get the lowest ipw. It's the dumbed down version vs intricate formulas I used to use. Works like a charm and very simple with a proper excel chart to know if you did good or bad on the last adjustment. I can see the changes in relation to power on the dyno and graphs smoothing out and taking proper form.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro6 View Post
    Injection timing, I log ipw and adjust up/down the ing timing until I get the lowest ipw. It's the dumbed down version vs intricate formulas I used to use. Works like a charm and very simple with a proper excel chart to know if you did good or bad on the last adjustment. I can see the changes in relation to power on the dyno and graphs smoothing out and taking proper form.
    This IS the simplest and best way to do it. Also how I set injection timing I still use my own personal known good curves, but THIS IS EXACTLY the best way to do it!!!
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC