Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Injection Timing Assistance Requested

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Scottt28 - I also think I possibly broke your cam calculator? I input numbers and hit calculate, but it wasn't changing anything that I could tell I assume it's supposed to change the numbers up top? Will it also give you new numbers listed below it or is that just an example? Anyway - seems like I just screwed it up...
    that wasn't working before either

I updated this sheet with a Cam Calc. Added delay for fuel travel from injectors to chamber.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Amazing what happens when multiple heads come together ^^^ really like this one
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    I know gas as a liquid has certain fixed flow times, but wouldn't fuel vapor get into the cylinder quicker with rpm's? In other words I would think that at 6000 rpms the time to chamber should be less... It was 1:40 AM when you sent me this last one Scott, so assuming that played into it
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

I know gas as a liquid has certain fixed flow times, but wouldn't fuel vapor get into the cylinder quicker with rpm's? In other words I would think that at 6000 rpms the time to chamber should be less... It was 1:40 AM when you sent me this last one Scott, so assuming that played into it
    It does take less time but more in crank degrees because there is less time between degrees of crank rotation.

FuelTT.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    I updated this sheet with a Cam Calc. Added delay for fuel travel from injectors to chamber.
    i like the Fuel reaching chamber portion, that's off the end of the injection yes? where the last of the fuel reaches the chamber?

Also, where'd the Normal ECT Go, is it no longer relevant?

I also spent a bit of time yesterday. don't take this wrong, but I don't like the plethora of graphs, so most of my work was getting it all in one graph. Here's mine. feel free to steal whatever out of it you want.

INJECTOR TIMING TOOL GEN IV - LS2 02.xls

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhydroxide View Post
    i like the Fuel reaching chamber portion, that's off the end of the injection yes? where the last of the fuel reaches the chamber?

I also spent a bit of time yesterday. don't take this wrong, but I don't like the plethora of graphs, so most of my work was getting it all in one graph. Here's mine. feel free to steal whatever out of it you want.

Scott divided it up into two pages - check the first one out...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    It does take less time but more in crank degrees because there is less time between degrees of crank rotation.

FuelTT.jpg
    Nice... I would assume a lot of things would change this - air velocity and turbulence in the runner? Enough to make a significant difference - don't know?

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict

Yours gets a little cluttered for me, but not everyone processes information the same - I'm sure some on here will use this solely... I like the piston distance info - bet if one were to really get in depth with this stuff in a lab environment - this could prove useful...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Yours gets a little cluttered for me, but not everyone processes information the same - I'm sure some on here will use this solely... I like the piston distance info - bet if one were to really get in depth with this stuff in a lab environment - this could prove useful...
    I don't doubt the guys who build engines from scratch have much more powerful tools at their disposal than what we're making here.

that said, the visualization is key for me, to teach myself what is going on.

some can look at a sheet of numbers and pull out correlations... not I though.

It is a bit cluttered for me too but it does do a good job of showing what's going on at different RPM's all on one graph, I think anyways

All input is on the first page. ECT is there. Cleaned up all of the graph formatting and added a single graph.
    Last edited by jsllc; 02-16-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Tuning Addict
    Haven't checked this one out yet, but could you possibly put the graphic up above the main inputs table and put the cam calculator below? Then all of the other numbers can be on the second page like they were. Like I said, haven't seen this one yet to see what was changed.

Haven't checked this one out yet, but could you possibly put the graphic up above the main inputs table and put the cam calculator below? Then all of the other numbers can be on the second page like they were. Like I said, haven't seen this one yet to see what was changed.
    Sorry Do not understand. Which graph? There are MANY.

Best guess as to what you want.

Tuning Addict
    All input is on the first page. ECT is there. Cleaned up all of the graph formatting and added a single graph.
    This one is fine Scott - actually like it better than the one posted above... Didn't have a chance to look it over before - should have before I posted... I thought you had turned the multiple black graphics into 1 that you could change the rpm on and it would readjust "it's" parameters for that - didn't know you added a second more progression showing graphic...

Thank You

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    So until further revisions are made - I think this is a good final for the moment? This is the one Scott - Jslic - posted above with everyone's work combined into one...

Looks good everyone - Thank You

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    So until further revisions are made - I think this is a good final for the moment? This is the one Scott - Jslic - posted above with everyone's work combined into one...

so does one put in the cam specs into the main fields there and it back calculates the data from there?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner

So a word of note, in my copy of office 2016, the math didn't work for the valve events when I input my cam specs until I adjusted the formulas to be SUM formulas. It worked fine on google sheets however.

I'm going to look into the rest of the math as well and make sure.
    Last edited by sevinn; 02-16-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    So a word of note, in my copy of office 2016, the math didn't work for the valve events when I input my cam specs until I adjusted the formulas to be SUM formulas. It worked fine on google sheets however.

I'm going to look into the rest of the math as well and make sure.
    You are correct - it was working fine in an earlier revision... I'm sure Scott will get this straightened out...

~Greg Huggins~