Thread: no cruise when changing from auto to manual

Advanced Tuner

no cruise when changing from auto to manual

can anyone help with why this happens?
    ive tried heaps of shit with ba and bf and the same thing happened in my fg when i put a tr6060 in but then cruise randomly worked with one tune.
    those same settings havent worked in a ba, so ive got no idea what to look at. is it a tune setting only or something in the abs/bcm etc?

I am not up to speed on Aussie models, but on Mustangs here in the States, the cruise control function is a PITA when you switch out transmissions. Not exactly like your scenario, but when we do a Tremec MagnumXL conversion from the MT82, frequently the cruise control malfunctions. However that is because of the difference in output protocols (Hall effect vs Variable Reluctance) between the MT82 and the Tremec, wiring differences (MT82 is 3 wire, Tremec is 2 wire), as well as the reluctor quantity differences between the two. On my personal car, I have tried to stabilize the cruise control by tuning it with both SCT and HPT. I can successfully get the speedo correct with the software but the cruise control still was flakey. So to cure the cruise control problem, I utilized a Dakota Digital Speedo conversion box, which has variable signal to signal convertors as well as the ability to perfectly dial in the speed readouts (and most importantly, the cruise control works as designed). You mentioned that your cruise control was random; you might want to contact Dakota Digital and enquire about your specific configuration.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    how r u changing the ecu from auto to manual

are u using the proper ford ids tool to write a complete correct manual tune in the ecu
    then u need to check the ecu parameters and make sure the speed settings are right and that cruise is enabled

i never use hp tuners to change from auto to manual
    im sure just unticking the box that says auto is not the proper way if thats how u do it

Advanced Tuner
    ive not had success with flashing a manual strategy nor changing all settings in an auto strategy.
    the speed settings are correct for the car.
    ive also not come across a single ba+ that doesnt have cruise and hp has zero interest in whatever 'enabling cruise' is.

Tuner in Training
    not sure i dont use hps to go from auto to manual
    i use the ford ids tool
    same with holden ecus, sometimes its best to use the holden software to go from auto to manual