Thread: dodge charger srt-8 transmission probleme / gear ratio

dodge charger srt-8 transmission probleme / gear ratio

hi can we ajust the gear ration whit the mpvi .. i got a code incorect gear on a 2007 charger srt-8 ... the tranmission is new from paramount , new stall , new tcm , new cooler , new vss (turbine output sensor plate ) ... and got that code , paramount say it could not be the transmission . can you take a look into the files and let me know if we have a way or what you think about it .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Speed adjustments are done through the Scanner special functions. If you can, that's where you'll find it.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Youre likely low on fluid, triple check it, if it cant engage the torque convertor clutch fully itll puke that code. New Trans + New Convertor should take around 7 quarts of ATF4

Senior Tuner
    Also if it is a Paramount TCM then yes, needs to have gear ratio set; paramount uses a Jeep crom when they flash the TCM which sets the gear ratio to 3.73. In the scanner, NOT the editor, in the special functions area (Green button) there is the function to set the gear ratios. Instructions are in the sticky of this forum.

tybob, did you get this fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Also if it is a Paramount TCM then yes, needs to have gear ratio set; paramount uses a Jeep crom when they flash the TCM which sets the gear ratio to 3.73. In the scanner, NOT the editor, in the special functions area (Green button) there is the function to set the gear ratios. Instructions are in the sticky of this forum.
    An important note here is that the TCM gets the final drive ratio from the TIPM. The TCM only contains the gear ratio's for the trans itself. I have learned this through my own trials and tribulations of gear ratio error codes. Normally if the converter is not locking you will get a P0741 performance DTC before a gear ratio error. All this is an important note for even the Jeep guys to set gear ratio in the scanner, this can be verified by factory scan tool (WiTech) when you did it correctly, WiTech can only change ratio by factory sold ratio's so you only have about 3 options. But once you have done it through the scanner function, get into TIPM with WiTech and go to data and it will display the current programmed gear ratio. So back to tybob's problem, with the parts you have changed you technically shouldn't have to mess with gear ratio settings, once the TCM is flashed and VIN programmed to your car the PCM and TIPM gives that needed info...that's why I'm curious if the problem has been resolved.