Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feature Request

I'd like a feature that auto populated with VIN & OS at the "Save As" screen.

I'd like to see dialogs like Math Parameters resizeable. I'm running out of space in the expression area.

I'd also like to click on a the sensor name in Math Parameters and have it highlight the sensor in the expression.
    Last edited by TownDrunk; 04-08-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Could there be a way to have a base format for like/comparable systems? If customers are on the same page as to what they are looking at when another-other customer(s) seek forum help, it could aid in a faster response and less confusion down the road. If a similar system does have all the same things within the layout, having that area blank/void would keep it simple at face value. It might even speed up the process for future builds when a new module is released for hpt support.

I'd like to see Column and Axis heading display when being compared if they're identical. I see no reason why Torque Zone # and RPM Zone # are hidden when compare tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by TownDrunk View Post
    I'd like to see Column and Axis heading display when being compared if they're identical. I see no reason why Torque Zone # and RPM Zone # are hidden when compare tunes.
    That would be a bug in the definition, that can be reported via support.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Bugged #80927.

Thanks Keith.

Banned
    2. Make it more obvious which files I'm comparing in Editor.
    show the entire path in the title...
    YES. I've always had a problem with this. Can never see the title of the 2nd tune I'm comparing, then forget which tune I'm comparing and end up clicking Compare again and selecting it again...
    What takes up a lot of space is the "C:\Users\Name\Documents\HP Tuners\Logs..." crap. Would be good if it was just "Mr. Smith tune vs Mr. Smith 2 tune" for example (without "C:\Users..."). Don't know if that's possible / if it's HPT related or just Windows.
    And the tunes title doesn't extend all the way to the end/right of the page (next to the -minimize button) to make things worse. There's still room for another 40 or so characters.

4. I'd like a dark theme for Scanner.
    I often log at night with my tablet dead center mounted to my dash and the white background can be too bright at night. Can I have the option of inverted colors (black background replaces white) for night use? Or let me use the dark theme built into Windows 10. Either way would be preferred to stock.
    Do you have a Display Properties option in your Tablet? I can adjust my background colour in there with my laptop. Pretty sure I've seen a youtube vid of a Tablet stuck in a guys Pontiac Solstice dash/cluster and he had a dark background.

10. I'd like to have the option of small text/binary gauges added to VCM Scanner.
    Current options are Ellipse and Linear, both are large.
    I'd like to see something small...
    In case you don't know (I can't tell), we can edit the size of our gauges.
    Would be cool if we had more/total control over the text/labels.. like the position and size.. just like the gauges.

I'd also like to be able to adjust the max. MAF Hz in the x/horizontal axis of the MAF table in Editor (reads to 12k. Never been over 9.7k)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    That would be a bug in the definition, that can be reported via support.
    Bugged #80927.

Thanks Keith.
    Support says this isn't a bug, so it's back on my feature request. Don't understand how you can compare numbers, but not strings, but if you need an updated control or whatever to do it, I'd like to see it fixed. It takes a couple of extra clicks when comparing just to see the column/row headings are the same.

Advanced Tuner
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    x2
    So easy to fix. If the title only displays 200 characters, stuff the right 100 characters of the path of each file so the focus is on the file name, not the (c:\users) path.

OR just display filename1 vs filename2 in the title.

OR just give us a menu item with info about each tune (file location, size, date modified, whatever).

Tuner
    Being able to filter graphs via "boolean" PID's would be fantastic (specifically, filtering by PE being on or not). You can kinda work around this by changing when PE mode comes on and filtering for those params, but that's way less than ideal.
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

I just use EQ ratio < 1 for that?

[50118.238]<1

Tuner
    That's another way of working around the issue, but it's still a proxy vs. simply being able to filter on any PID. Some things don't have proxies to "work around" the inability to filter on bools -- how do you filter for when the brake switch is on? Clutch sw? Hot temp enrichment? Etc.
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

I don't.. You can filter for decel by filtering for certain fuel trim cells, hot temp enrichment doesn't really apply to gen 4's since there is no cold temp enrich anymore (assuming you're talking about PE enrichment), clutch switch I could see being useful perhaps though

It'd still be nice to have available

Advanced Tuner
    How about when playing back a log on the scanner I can watch the averages populate in real time like with the old scanner, (clear data). Currently it just shows the averages over the entire log

Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    How about when playing back a log on the scanner I can watch the averages populate in real time like with the old scanner, (clear data). Currently it just shows the averages over the entire log
    Change the graph to "View Zoom Data Range Only" and adjust your zoom level. This method is MUCH more powerful than the way 2.24 did it.

My wish, like others, is to simplify the file names in the compare feature. If you have embedded folders (long path names), it is virtually impossible to verify the compared filename. This might be an architecture issue with the coding on the software, but it would be extremely helpful to just compare the filenames, without displaying the entire file path.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    My wish, like others, is to simplify the file names in the compare feature. If you have embedded folders (long path names), it is virtually impossible to verify the compared filename. This might be an architecture issue with the coding on the software, but it would be extremely helpful to just compare the filenames, without displaying the entire file path.
    Yes. Why hasn't this been done/fixed already? I thought HP Tuners release minor updates like every 2.34 seconds. We've been asking for it for over a week now. How long would it take their software-engineer-dude to sort it out? 8 minutes?

One thing I would like to see is the ability to "pin" the cursor to point on a Chart and then drag the cursor left or right and have the elapsed time updated/reported from the set point to the new cursor location......now we have to mark, record the time and move the cursor, record the time and subtract the two.....

thank you,

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 05-18-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: corrected typo's
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Yes. Why hasn't this been done/fixed already? I thought HP Tuners release minor updates like every 2.34 seconds. We've been asking for it for over a week now. How long would it take their software-engineer-dude to sort it out? 8 minutes?
    Just because a task doesn't take long in time doesn't mean the time is available to allocate to that task.