Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feature Request

Feature Request

Long list. Very long. Great features. You'll love it.

1. Separate the default (last used) path from Editor and Scanner.
    If the last file I opened in Editor is in my "tunes" folder, don't make that the default folder in Scanner, where the file I want could be a previous log. Each program should remember it's last path independent of each other.

2. Make it more obvious which files I'm comparing in Editor.
    If comparing file after file in Editor, how do I know which files I'm comparing? You show the entire path in the title, with preference given to the path (left side of the full path), instead of the file name itself. So if I have a long path to Logs and Tunes AND I have folders inside of that, I see the full path and file name of the first file in Editor's title, but only the path to the second file on my tablet.
    You could right justify the names in the title, giving half the width to each, so the path is truncated. Or better yet, give me an "info" icon in the comparison log that tells me the file names, maybe even the notes from "tune details", if present. Maybe both?

3. Make Suite more touch screen friendly.
    I use a 10" 2-in-1 table for tuning with a mount to hold the tablet (keyboard removed) for logging. Icons are a bit small for use with a touch screen, even tho I use larger setting (175%) for scaling. Please give me the option of toggling 50% larger icons.

4. I'd like a dark theme for Scanner.
    I often log at night with my tablet dead center mounted to my dash and the white background can be too bright at night. Can I have the option of inverted colors (black background replaces white) for night use? Or let me use the dark theme built into Windows 10. Either way would be preferred to stock.

5. Add filters to the comparison log (team edition).
    Several of us with different year Volts tune as a team effort, but there are differences between the years that we always have to leave intact. Being able to create a filter that hides or grays out certain sections would make that a LOT easier. Then I could load a filter by name (1st Gen Volt) and it would hide tables that I chose by a right-click menu. Ideally this would be a white-list or black list.

Let's make HP Tuners great again.
    Last edited by TownDrunk; 02-12-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I'm first "drunk". And I only need one thing! I want to be able to turn my fan on with the Vehicle Controls while in the staging lanes. My heat exchanger/intercooler temps go way up without air flowing across the heat exchanger.

Banned
    add one switch on dashboard and that is all You need -easiest way

best regards

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wasyl View Post
    add one switch on dashboard and that is all You need -easiest way

best regards
    Three shops here in the Houston area have said they can't do it on my 2017 C7 Z06. Something about it being a PWM fan. What ever that is. Maybe I should try more shops???

It's still possible but def. more complicated. Most shops wouldn't want to mess with it.

Have you tried using the fan controls? I'm assuming so.. they work fine for me on a C6, which also has a PWM fan.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    It's still possible but def. more complicated. Most shops wouldn't want to mess with it.

Have you tried using the fan controls? I'm assuming so.. they work fine for me on a C6, which also has a PWM fan.
    I have tried the fan controls but does not work on mine. I'm wondering why GM went to such a complicated fan system? Fans on vehicles have been working just fine for years now. I suppose GM engineers needed something to do!

Tuner in Training
    I second this motion, have run into quite a few of the same issues!

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    I have tried the fan controls but does not work on mine. I'm wondering why GM went to such a complicated fan system? Fans on vehicles have been working just fine for years now. I suppose GM engineers needed something to do!
    It's not complicated at all really

I wish I had a C7 to try it on, weird it works on C6's and not C7's

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    It's not complicated at all really

I wish I had a C7 to try it on, weird it works on C6's and not C7's
    Come on down to Texas and I'll let you give it a try on mine.

One shop I talked to said wiring the fan to turn on the conventional way will burn out the ECM.

Amen on #1.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

This is why there should be a section dedicated to requests. Even if no one reads them, atleast we can ask

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-Enhancements

6. Add ability to VCM Scanner to send simple OBD commands via a button.
    Add simple start/stop/default buttons with VB scripts. I'd upgrade to Pro for this option. We have enough Volt users where we could debug this for you, then you can update it to support other functions.

Applications: Engine Start, Engine Stop, default behavior on the first gen Volt. Our associate Brian has done this with an Android app. I bet he'd work with you if we asked him.
    Or Fan Start, default as 8850 requested.
    Last edited by TownDrunk; 02-17-2017 at 09:38 AM.

7. Add a notification on the Editor "write" pop-up that indicates if the Scanner is still Connected or Disconnected. Or better yet, have the ability to disconnect the Scanner from the Editor's "write" pop-up.

8. Add the ability to "Copy Over" DTCs using the Comparison Log

9. Add adjustment layers to HO/LO spark tables.
    Right now I have to save my tune, and compare to itself, then copy KR from Scanner into the comparison view and multiply it by a negative number to deduct the timing.
    With an adjustment layer, I could copy my KR to it and subtract my alcohol adder, multiply it by -.5 and then deduct it from my HO table without having to save and compare, which is slow on my tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by TownDrunk View Post
    9. Add adjustment layers to HO/LO spark tables.
    Right now I have to save my tune, and compare to itself, then copy KR from Scanner into the comparison view and multiply it by a negative number to deduct the timing.
    With an adjustment layer, I could copy my KR to it and subtract my alcohol adder, multiply it by -.5 and then deduct it from my HO table without having to save and compare, which is slow on my tablet.
    Why not just copy, paste special, subtract right into the table? Or maybe they could add a subtract/2 so it'd subtract half instead of all of it

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    I'm first "drunk". And I only need one thing! I want to be able to turn my fan on with the Vehicle Controls while in the staging lanes. My heat exchanger/intercooler temps go way up without air flowing across the heat exchanger.
    I feel like they should make a shortcut bar to 3-4 or more of whatever you want in the CONTROLS functions.. then just hit it on the front page of the scanner.

Scanner Shortcuts.PNG
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I feel like they should make a shortcut bar to 3-4 or more of whatever you want in the CONTROLS functions.. then just hit it on the front page of the scanner.

Scanner Shortcuts.PNG
    That would be neat for sure but I would be ecstatic to get the fan working anyway I can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post

Scanner Shortcuts.PNG
    That would be slick

10. I'd like to have the option of small text/binary gauges added to VCM Scanner.

Current options are Ellipse and Linear, both are large.

I'd like to see something small so just a single value with a label. Some things don't change much like Ethanol % or Fuel Level and don't belong on Chart vs Time either.

I'd also like the option of on/off as small gauges for things like fan, AC, etc.
    Last edited by TownDrunk; 03-25-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Any chance we can get #1 & 2 changed in the new beta?