Thread: Scanner Updates?

Advanced Tuner

Scanner Updates?

It's known the Editor software is always under development and revisions/updates are a constant push, but should we be expecting the same with HPT Scanner and its software? It would greatly benefit those of us that use it as a quick tool to gauge whether not to troubleshoot the tune or actual vehicle components. I almost positive new parameters/monitors as well as new features are slid into newer vehicles. Just want to be prepared as much as possible on the technical troubleshooting side.

Have you been using the new 3.4 scanner?

It's pretty advanced if you ask me, it can do more than the 2.24 can.

I don't see HPT making it into a Snap On modis/solous or GM type software with all sorts of special vehicle functions and ability.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I have.

If for some reason I hook up to a late model vehicle to read and reset a DTC relating to another module that is not a PCM (ie: ABS/SRS/BCM) I'd hope it could at least reset and run 'special' functions-tests thru the modules like most can do. I do know some European/foreign vehicles with "OBDii" dont talk with hpt's scanning software. If it's only impacting the early foreign vehicles with "OBDii", then it's nothing to worry about. Should it not work with later ones, scary.

Tuning Addict
    HPT only deals with the ecm and tcm - it won't read or clear any other module codes other than what you pretty much have access to in the editor... I know this can be a pain, but it's fine by me...

The scanner parameters themselves are updated - not daily possibly, but updated with regular updates... You have to be using beta to get a lot of the benefits such as the latest re-syncing to fix the scanner from freezing up, but it is updated for parameters...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    HPT only deals with the ecm and tcm - it won't read or clear any other module codes other than what you pretty much have access to in the editor... I know this can be a pain, but it's fine by me...

The scanner parameters themselves are updated - not daily possibly, but updated with regular updates... You have to be using beta to get a lot of the benefits such as the latest re-syncing to fix the scanner from freezing up, but it is updated for parameters...
    VCM Scanner is able to detect and clear DTCs from other modules as well.
    Last edited by Engineer@HPT; 02-12-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Tuning Addict
    Which ones will it read? I haven't ever had it read or clear dtc's from abs or anything like that? Would be nice if we could have it do that
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Which ones will it read? I haven't ever had it read or clear dtc's from abs or anything like that? Would be nice if we could have it do that
    reason for why i initiated the thread!