Thread: Disable dfco

Tuner in Training

Disable dfco

Hey first post here. Just wondering how to disable dcfo for an fg xr6t. I can see in the dfco tab there's ct delay extended. It's currently at 0.5s, increasing that value, say to 10s, would that mean closed throttle, will take 10s before dfco reenables? Of do I have to change enable/disable speeds to completely turn off?

Also is there any benefits to disabling dfco apart from using more fuel on sudden closed throttle?

Advanced Tuner
    HP is missing the usual scalars for disabling DFCO. DFCO is part of the torque control strategy, so you can disable the Torque Moduel Switch but I wouldn't recommend it myself. Fuel sprayed on the back of the valves during low load can help remove heat also. Try by km/hr to disable it, I rarely tune with HP so not sure if that is effective with this software.
    Last edited by IH8TOADS; 02-13-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Does it use that much more fuel to disable dfco? Like is it only under sudden throttle closing (high load) or partial throttle low load still affect fuel economy if dfco is disabled? Is there any particular settings in the torque management tab that relates to dfco? I'd rather not switch off everything, makes for a very lazy transmission shifting I have found.

Tuner in Training
    Also would disabling dfco make sudden off throttle not feel like a sudden jolt as fuel is still being burnt, making for a smoother sudden off throttle condition?

Advanced Tuner
    Fuel/emissions....a little. Every bits helps when it comes to economy. Personally I couldn't care. You can change engine braking via decel timing. That together with DFCO can help a tip-out clunk.