Thread: '04 high-idle possible with HP Tuners ?

Potential Tuner

'04 high-idle possible with HP Tuners ?

Hi Forum. This is an "early" '04 with a manual transmission that is supposedly no capable of high-idle from Chrysler. Is high-idle something possible using this product ? In particular, I'm interested in being able to control engine speed for PTO application so perhaps there is another way using this product ?

Tuner
    not sure about the 04 but it has it for my 05
    2005 Dodge 2500
    80% over injectors, 5" turbo back exhaust, HP Tuners, ARP head studs.
    Intake, Tater Built Turbo 67/67, Fleece 750 Powerflow CP3.
    2.5" front lvl kit, 35's on Soto 20x10s

I think on the early trucks you need to complete the wiring circuit.

There is an early post on here about this and I can't remember where he found the wiring. I believe it can be under the dash or you need to dig into the harness somewhere.
    2003 QC Long Flat Bed 6spd, Intake, Exh, Heavy Valve Springs, HE351VE Arduino

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the replies. I've already grounded pin #22 of the ECM which is supposed to be necessary with a manual transmission. I don't have the TSB handy, but according to it my '04 didn't have the ECM serial number specified by the TSB as supporting high-idle ( i.e. by high-idle here I'm talking about using cruise control buttons to control engine speed). This document also specified that the feature was only possible with automatic transmissions so its possible serial numbers applied to automatic ECMs. I also have asked the dealership to enable and they supposedly tried although this was many years ago and I wasn't confident in their abilities.

Tuner in Training
    Here's the tsb number your looking for 18-004-04 that will list the ecm numbers.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the TSB. The TSB says:
    This bulletin applies to DR vehicles equipped with a 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel engine (sales code ETC or ETH) and an automatic transmission
    and since mine is manual I'm not sure it applies ? As for the ECM number and date of manufacture, my truck meets criteria. The HPTuner 2003-2005 Cummins post says that anything written by the programmer applies to PCM not ECM so I'm not sure if this functionality would be enabled with the use of this tool ?
    Bessie is an '04 ( manufactured 11/03 ) 2500, 305/555 CTD, NV5600, 4X4, 3.73, Open Differential