Thread: 2017 Camaro SS - Knock around 5K RPM Issue

Tuner in Training

Cool 2017 Camaro SS - Knock around 5K RPM Issue

I am in the middle of tuning my 2017 Chevy Camaro LT1. Did some MAF and PE tweaks. Also bumped mid range timing. LTFT are disabled.

All seems well, except for I keep getting knock around 5K RPM onward during each pull (.1 - 4.0kr). I have already reduced the timing in that area to make sure I was getting actual knock. Even with reduced timing, I am still getting kr, therefore I believe it is false kr.

Attached are my current tune and log. Please let me know if anyone sees something to tweak or a table I have missed.

current mods: e85/Rotofab Cold Air/Ported MSD Intake Manifold/Ported TB/Cat Delete Pipes.

Thanks!
    85 1.hpl
    CATDELETEROTOFAB_e85_17_Tune.hpt
    Last edited by bhillakaiceberg; 02-12-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a great video talking about knock and the new LT Engines -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00P7-Wv1NqM

We have invested in the Plex dual can bus Knock monitoring for our dyno and can honestly say it works fantastic for getting the knock sensors dialed in correctly.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    as mentioned the LT motor knock sensitivity is pretty high
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I purchased the Plex system 2 weeks ago. The stock sensor locations are really a pain to get to. Are you using stock locations or using alternate mount points?

Thanks,
    Tim

Tuner in Training
    We move them forward

Senior Tuner
    Would the Plex system be usable street tuning? I've been looking into it for a while now but don't have a dyno.

Tuner in Training
    I think it is. I got my dual w/can bus 4 days ago. I have been using it to create a threshold for normal combustion and all of my tests are done on the road. As a disclaimer I'm no expert but I'm learning.

I'm working on getting my Plex unit up and running today. It is excellent for street tuning. I'm going to integrate it with HPT as well. For now I'm using a M8 location in the block right near the timing chain cover. I will look for better locations once I have everything working.

Tim

Senior Tuner
    Appreciate the input on this. When I start getting busier I will start setting aside money from each job for one. I'm still only tuning a car every couple weeks and most are bolt on Coyote Mustangs so it's hard to justify it right now. They seem to do well with stock knock sensor settings. I've tuned a few 5.3 trucks in the past month or two though and that really got me looking into something like the Plex system.