Thread: Import Session

Tuner

Import Session

I have a new tablet, and it only has 5 Gb main memory, but I converted it to 64 Gb. I also moved the sessions I had on the smaller tablet that I use to record sessions to the bigger one. I plan on taking both tablets if I go to a track, and move new sessions to the bigger one to keep the small tablet's memory free. That way I can use the bigger screen to view the sessions and I can watch the videos with friends.

In stead of having to move all the files to the default TrackAdddict manually, is it possible to just add a folder to the sessions list, so the application can detect the new sessions?
    Last edited by guitarZ; 02-12-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Going to the Sessions list in TrackAddict for Android will automatically scan your device's built-in memory (both the internally-accessible folder, and the externally-accessible folder) as well as your SD card if you have one mounted at the time. In each storage space, the files should typically be located in Android/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict/files (Android basically no longer lets apps use simpler file locations on SD cards)

So, it should automatically pick up any new files that you put into any of those locations, and using an SD card could be the fastest and easiest option to move data between the two devices, assuming that they both support SD cards.

Tuner
    The Insignia flex 10 tablet will only allow you to use the micro SD card as internal memory, so the answer is NO. If you format the micro SD as an ordinary memory card, the device must rely on the tablet's internal memory which is limited to what the device was made with (16 Gb.) I think I was requesting a way to have TA copy the new session files to the TA files directory after you browse to the location.

Too bad you can't just connect two tablets together to transfer the session files, instead of moving them twice, first to a flashdrive, then to the big tablet, especially when they are 3Gb each. It takes an hour.