Thread: 07 Mustang GT - DBW initial throttle travel

07 Mustang GT - DBW initial throttle travel

Anyone ever figure out how to make the DBW throttle more sensitive to the first initial throttle travel? What I mean is the first part of the throttle travel upon light application doesn't do anything. I was able to tune my 2014 SHO so that the throttle works almost like a cable - even a light touch of the throttle results in engine activity. With my 07 GT, I have to push it down a tad more to get it working - so it makes using the clutch often a bit trickier than it has to be. I'm not experiencing any throttle delays or lag, it's just lack of throttle activity in the beginning.

Does your APP actually change during this? If the pedal isn't measuring your change, that'd be the first thing to look at.

After that its all in the driver demand. You could make the pedal normalization (usually the ones that have the "modes", Normal/Sport/Wet) more aggressive at low percentages, or even slightly bump up the driver requested torque at low accelerator pedal positions.

The pedal voltage/AD counts does change. I only have 1 driver demand table in HPTuners. The throttle position axis on the left shows what I think are AD counts (like up to 500+). I noticed that with the throttle closed, it would be something like 160 AD counts. do I just change the DD torque request value for the area near 160 AD counts, or near 0 AD Counts? Meaning, are the DD throttle position rows relative or absolute?

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex
    Anyone ever figure out how to make the DBW throttle more sensitive to the first initial throttle travel? What I mean is the first part of the throttle travel upon light application doesn't do anything. I was able to tune my 2014 SHO so that the throttle works almost like a cable - even a light touch of the throttle results in engine activity. With my 07 GT, I have to push it down a tad more to get it working - so it makes using the clutch often a bit trickier than it has to be. I'm not experiencing any throttle delays or lag, it's just lack of throttle activity in the beginning.
    I felt a pretty big difference maxing out "Tip-In Torque Rate Max" under Torque Management. This table has to do with how fast the throttle is allowed to react to the requested torque, if I understand it correctly.
    Last edited by Exley; 02-14-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    The pedal voltage/AD counts does change. I only have 1 driver demand table in HPTuners. The throttle position axis on the left shows what I think are AD counts (like up to 500+). I noticed that with the throttle closed, it would be something like 160 AD counts. do I just change the DD torque request value for the area near 160 AD counts, or near 0 AD Counts? Meaning, are the DD throttle position rows relative or absolute?
    Relative
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

What happens when I disable the IPC ROM Switch and IPC ROM Enable settings? Your guide referenced the Toyota issue but a few people said the first things they did was disable those 2 switches.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    What happens when I disable the IPC ROM Switch and IPC ROM Enable settings? Your guide referenced the Toyota issue but a few people said the first things they did was disable those 2 switches.
    Maybe Eric can confirm. I think this is the master switch for the wheel torque error check and the associated wrench light when there are too many wheel torque errors
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    Maybe Eric can confirm. I think this is the master switch for the wheel torque error check and the associated wrench light when there are too many wheel torque errors
    Correct.

Can you not get your desired result by adjusting the Driver Demand table?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC