Thread: Injector Selection with data? I'm stuck

Injector Selection with data? I'm stuck

Hello All,

To try and make this quick, I've spent the past few days digging around online. From what I've seen from some Greg Banish articles, and other posts in the forums, running injectors with known good injector data is critical for an easy tuning process...

The issue I'm having, is I can't seem to find an injector that meets the following 3 requirements:
    1) be 63.5 lbs/hr or less at 58 PSI (so that I do not have to scale my calibration), but greater than 47ish lbs/hr
    2) Be a LS3 or LS2 sized injector that will fit in my Fast LSXR 102 with LS3 fuel rail
    3) Have known good injector data

My estimates look like I should target ~48 lb/hr for 626 crank-ish hp. 416 CI LS3 which is NA only on pump 93 gas.
    I've found the forum threads that show what injector information is in the Greg Banish DVD set, and the green tops seem to be the closest to what I need, except that they apparently do not fit in a FAST intake manifold without serious modification.

I'm not opposed to ID, but their smallest injector would require scaling the tune, which I really would like to avoid if it all possible....

Anyone have any ideas on injectors?

I don't know injector length and size off hand without researching them all but if you wanted injectors that are from GM and less than 63.5lb/hr you have two for sure choices.

The Cadillac CTS-V LSA injectors are 56lb/hr and the GEN 4 6.2 Silverado/Sierra/Yukon Flex Fuel injectors are 52lb/hr I believe. I would assume if you had to do any modification to the rail it would just be to add a spacer between the bolts the hold the fuel rail down.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had thought of the ls9/LSA injectors but they apparently have a weird spray pattern which some claim cause issues.

I had not thought of the 6.2 L flex fuel injectors.

A quick search looks like they flow about 50 (perfect for my needs). Part number 12609749 I believe.

Looks like they're the same physical size as ls3/ls7 injectors and since they're OEM, I should be able to find the correct injector data for them, right?

Try the Bosch 0280156030 they are a ls2 size injector 47lb@58psi I'm running them on a Ls1 p01 2bar os. with only the flow rate /kpa tables modified and I have data if needed

Interesting thought. I ended up picking up some truck injectors and hope it works out.

As I dig into things more, it looks like the 63 lb/hr limit is only for LS2 PCMs? When I go and look at the tune for my LS6 PCM, it says the limit is 254 lb/hr

The limit just depends on the computer. Many E38's have that limit too. The later computers it seems past like 2008-2009 all have a 127lb/hr limit on the GEN 4 computers.

Corvettes, silverado/sierra trucks and AUS cars too.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Can anyone definitely confirm that my ECU's limit (P01 appears to be the code, but it's a 2001 Z06) is 254 lb/hr like HP Tuners seems to claim it is? That seems ungodly huge

You never posted the tune file but yes most of the P01 and P59 computers have a stupid high limit of 254lb/hr.

It's the GEN 4 computers that can limit you to 63.5lb/hr before you have double the stoich and half the IFR valve to make them work correctly.

You talked about having and LS3 motor, so I gave you options that would work on that limit thinking you had a computer that limited you.

I understand.

Sorry, I don't really have a tune file together yet. I'm piecing parts together at the moment to try and get it to start.

I built a 416 CI LS3 for my 2001 C5 Z06, but I'm going to be using the stock PCM. I chose the 24x reluctor wheel and made sure to get a LS2 cam gear so that my PCM should still be happy.

When i was searching, I kept reading a 63.5 lb/hr limit, and didn't realize it applied only to LS2 and later PCMs. So I guess, I could've just picked up some ID 850s and enjoyed getting all the injector data I needed easily, and just being at a stupid low duty cycle for my NA build lol, but at least these flex fuel injectors are significantly cheaper and OEM

My fault, sorry for confusing you. I appreciate your input, clears things up a lot.

Potential Tuner
    Need data for this injectors 0280 156 030 I have on my cammed LS1.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toni View Post
    Need data for this injectors 0280 156 030 I have on my cammed LS1.
    Thanks
    Would be better to start a new thread vs. posting in an un-related one that is years old...

The injectors you have there (are most likely Chinese knockoff garbage as they were pushed on ebay) were OEM in 2003 Neons / PT Cruisers. I wouldn't expect to find GM short-pulse and offset data for that set, but if they Chinese, it doesn't really matter anyway
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com