Thread: 2.8 Duramax tuning/logging question

Potential Tuner

2.8 Duramax tuning/logging question

Hi to all!

I've just taken delivery of my '17 Colorado 2.8L Duramax truck (Global version, non-US). Going straight to the point, I logged the important bits I could easily find going home from the dealer. My problem is that 'Main Fuel Rate' or 'Fuel Rate' reads in the 80 - 360 cubic mm range, while on the tables the 'Fuel Qty' has values of 4-70 cubic mm. Am I logging the wrong channel or what?

Please help. Thanks

1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg

Tuner in Training
    yeah ive noticed the same, the logging isn't so straight forward.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I noticed that on mine to, I just assumed the difference was just x4 cyl
    Has anyone else noticed that the MAF reads bonkers, between min and max nonstop.
    Me love boost long time.

Tuner in Training
    Yea thats the same on the USA versions... The Main Torque to Fuel Tables on HPT do not line up with actual values... On the USA models, the torque to fuel tables a wrong by 50%... EFI reads correctly, and matches what the datalogs show. Max fuel per HPT is 55mm3, but actual value is 110mm3... Really hard to use HPT to tune E98 colorados since the datalogs dont match

Sorry about that guys. Can you email support your datalog along with the tune file? Please also reference this thread.
    We'll look into fixing it ASAP.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Sorry about that guys. Can you email support your datalog along with the tune file? Please also reference this thread.
    We'll look into fixing it ASAP.
    Here you can see the difference error of 50%... The scaling on HPT in the tune is wrong by 50%... The data logs correctly, but you cant tune worth a damn because the calibration definition isnt right...

TTF HPT.jpg
    This is HTP's Representation of the Torque to Fuel Mode 1 Low Alt, does not match data logs making them useless

TTF Other Guy.JPG
    This is the other guys correct representation of the same table... Matches logs perfectly

Tuner in Training
    I cant believe its been over a year since i brought this up last and hasnt been fixed yet... I put hpt down for awhile because i couldnt line it up with data logs... lemme find the link to my mention of this issue long ago

Also noticed this the other day would like it fixed also.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    make sure you are sending error reports to hptuner technical help.
    if you dont know how it can be accessed through your tuner login home page. If you have issues finding the links then email to [email protected] which is what the link sets you up for.

make sure you attach:
    screen shots of the issue
    .hpt tune file
    .hpl scanner file
    .xml histogram file
    .xml channel file
    and a .txt vcm suite information file which can be acquired from the vcm scanner by going to Help>> VCM Suite Information>> Click the Info Icon >> then save the data using the save button.

all of this information will help you guys get the issues resolved faster. just posting in here isn't going to help because it doesnt generate a technical error ticket
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Hi guys,

Trying to start tuning my 17' Holden Colorado 2.8 Duramax Diesel
    I've tuned the A6 already.
    Has anyone got a config setup for the duramax diesel that I can use please.

Regards,
    R8SVton

TJ PERFORMANCE
    2014 HSV GEN F R8 SV Enhanced (LS3 340KW)
    6 Spd Manual
    Tuned @ 281RWKW/629Nm with OTR and 100cell CATS only.