Thread: I6 swap

Potential Tuner

I6 swap

Hello Tuners, I am very new to this High Tech Tuning World , so please, be gentle with me. I plan on swaping a 2003 I6 4.2l Trailblazer engine into an older car. My plan is to use the engine, wiring and ECM. I'd like to eliminate the use of the VATS, the BCM,the EV fan, AC, PS, & the Automatic Transmission. I need to use a Rad mounted electric fan (limited space) and a 5-speed manual out of a Chevy Colorado. Will your "HPTuner" package support all these mods? Can I retain the "Drive-by-wire" throttle? I would appreciate all & any help/suggestions THANKS...

Senior Tuner
    Yes on everything but the trans. I'm not sure about that one.
    If the I6 was ever offered with a manual trans, then you are home free. The VCM will need some way of knowing when its in gear.

I'm not sure why you would want to eliminate the EV fan when its a better option than the electrics. We have not verified that the electric fan outputs on the VCM will work even though the code is there (the outputs may be used for something else).

Talk to Westers. He just announced an off the shelf setup that suits your needs.

-Ken
    Last edited by Casey; 06-05-2006 at 08:32 AM.