Thread: GT500 too lean

Advanced Tuner

GT500 too lean

i was helping a friend with his gt500 swapped mustang, it has a 10% overdrive pulley, frpp oval super cobra jet throttle, long tube headers, o/r X pipe.
    i could get the AFR Ok up top, but in the low parts i couldnt get it ritchen up no matter what.

this is my first time with a ford and i could use some help with this.
    Mustang 2009 gt500 nicanordyno 2.hpt
    NICALOG2.hpl
    it wont let me upload the picture from the dyno log

Advanced Tuner
    no sugestions on how to fix the AFR from 2500 to 3800 rpm??

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Transient accel/decel tables.

You would need to hook the O2 sensor up to the scanner and convert to lambda. You would also need to log MAP or calculated MAP if you don't have a MAP sensor.

Beat me too it.
    Last edited by murfie; 02-20-2017 at 12:57 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    thank you, it worked perfect, went to the commanded afr immediately

Advanced Tuner
    Seems like this is a problem with the gt500's especially with a bigger blower and overdriven crank. I had issue's with part throttle lean tip in not so much at WOT I still have this issue some when the car isn't up to temp and rapid changes at lower rpm and higher load. Looks as if you don't tune the speed density section it throws off your calculated MAP so in the transient accel table you go well beyond the MAP axis which is 68 but when you try to modify this it will only let you put in 64 inhg when calculated is actually going up to 130 at wot and around 100 low rpm higher load with quick changes of the throttle. I think HP set this axis limit when they first released these tables for the GT's. Im going to put in request probably tomorrow to see if the can make the axis higher or the SD will have to be tuned properly. Which for myself will take allot and I do mean allot more reading and wrapping my head around it to be able to a solid attempt without having an actual MAP sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Let me know what you guys think would upping the map axis and building the table higher be going about it the wrong way?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    many ways to work around this issues, what i did above was basic changes that the file needed
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I've been looking for more info on tuning GT500 but I can't find much in the forums or even books that I have (LaSota and SCT). Anyone know of any place to find info?