Thread: o2 voltage not swinging bank 1

o2 voltage not swinging bank 1

basics: I have a 2009 e67 running ls2 setup similar to a ctsv or tbss. Bank 2 o2 readings are good. Bank one stays between 430 and 460. Even if I unplug it. I checked wiring all the way back to the pcm. Installed new o2 and even swapped o2 from pass side with no change. It reads the same voltage via meter not running as the other side. It does develop misfires once in closed loop due to fueling from o2. No vac leak, no exhaust leak. seeing as how it does not change when unplugged I was thinking it possibly could be the PCM. looks like if it was a wiring issue it would show on meter. It does ohm from o2 to the pins on pcm. This one has about stumped me. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to make a o2 extension harness and plug left side into right side harness. anyone ever run into this before?
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

It'll read around 450mv if it's a wiring issue, so that's what my money is on if a new sensor didn't fix it

Tuning Addict
    Yes, you need to check your wiring... Also make sure you don't have that O2 killed in the tune... If ohming out the wiring shows nothing and fuses for the heater on that particular O2 shows nothing and you've got pulsed power and good ground on it's heater circuit - then most likely something is up with the ecm...

Only time I had this happen to me was a little different, but mine was having issues with bank 2... Basically the ecm will do a "self check" of the O2's on startup - looking for min/rich swing targets... In my case it was seeing something off even though there wasn't anything wrong - bank 2 would do it's swings after bank 1 and fail every time defaulting to bank1 controlling the entire engines fueling... My problem wound up being where a sct handheld was used prior to hpt and even though the tune was returned to stock - it somehow corrupted the tune file, so no matter what I did or changed in the tune pertaining to the O2's it would always fail bank2's test... Re-flashed via GM software and then reinstalled my tune profile via hpt's - has worked correctly ever since... Not sure if you've got something like that going on or not...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I have the same problem, how did u fix it