Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: First Gen Volt Tune (Volterado)

Maybe HP Tuners support can help with your Ampera.

You might email them.

Laz and I were the primary tuners of Volterado and neither of us owns a first gen Volt so tuning has come to a halt.

PM me if you want a copy of the tune.

At a later date, when I'm not swamped at work, I'll post copies of our tune.

Tuner in Training
    this is an original file of a euro version of a 2012 chevy volt , an 1 small modified file of the same car

quick question, figured here might be easiest since you guys have volts and hptuners. under the scanner side, there's options to send commands. like turn on the cooling fans, and to what %. this option works when using it on my c6 but my volt it doesn't seem to have fan control.

has anyone tried the scanner diagnostic controls on their volt and it work?

Sorry, no clue. Our tune had fan control optimized. Fans primarily ran when vehicle wasn't moving. No need to do things manually.

it's just a test function, not intended to be driven that way. check to see if the fan circuit is working. since they are brushless and going for cheap on eBay, they might make a nice upgrade for the pro touring guys, I was trying to check full load amp draw and get an idea of air flow compared to other fans I have.

hp tuners has a few nice diagnostic tools built into the scanner, that even some expensive hand held obd2 scanner won't do. just seemed weird to me that the commands didn't work on the volt. I would expect them to work on other cars like the Cruz and stuff.

maybe I'll open a help ticket.

There won't be any more development on the first gen or second gen Volts by our team. Neither Laz or I have first gen Volts and in a few weeks I won't have a second gen Volt either. Despite working with them for a couple of months, HPT wasn't able to add second gen support so I decided I'd let someone else work with them.

Potential Tuner
    Hello
    I just bought an opel ampera, and read the thread, this is great!
    however I would like to be able to mod the battery/electric
    https://ve.simonandre.ca/module20/ they offer a 20%range mod. I wonder if there is a way to do that if your not living in in canada? (I have contacted them and they dont do any overseas trades)
    I have also contacter hptuners to know if they could provide this kind of support!

Potential Tuner
    they also say +20 power, and THAT is more interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by 4est View Post
    they also say +20 power, and THAT is more interesting!
    That battery module is recalibrated to allow the battery to discharge deeper and recharge a bit more. You get more range, but your power is the same. Interesting prospect, and I wonder why it's only for the 14-15 cars. They had a larger battery from the factory so...
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

Potential Tuner
    Power is changed too! look at the table: before 108-110kw. After: 126-130kw

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TownDrunk View Post
    There won't be any more development on the first gen or second gen Volts by our team. Neither Laz or I have first gen Volts and in a few weeks I won't have a second gen Volt either. Despite working with them for a couple of months, HPT wasn't able to add second gen support so I decided I'd let someone else work with them.
    Getting rid of your Gen II in only 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by 4est View Post
    Power is changed too! look at the table: before 108-110kw. After: 126-130kw
    That's power over time. Your voltage or amps hasn't changed. It's like a small Honda battery vs a big Cummins diesel battery. Both of them will start your car and crank at the same speed. The big battery might crank it for an hour vs about a few minutes for the little battery.

Potential Tuner
    not!
    the higher power is delivered only in HOLD mode, when both the ICE and battery supply power to the motor

Potential Tuner
    Hi,
    I have a first gen 2012 volt,
    Is there any way I could get a copy of your tune?

Potential Tuner
    Any chance you could send me a copy of your tune I could use with my ?14 Volt? I understand I need to modify my stock tune and combine your tune info into my tune for it to work. I?m also going to look into getting an ethonol sensor so I can run any combo of fuel 😁
    Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TownDrunk View Post
    Laz and I were the primary tuners of Volterado and neither of us owns a first gen Volt so tuning has come to a halt.

PM me if you want a copy of the tune.

At a later date, when I'm not swamped at work, I'll post copies of our tune.
    Anybody can share latest TownDrunk's tune?

Potential Tuner
    Curious about this too

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzsta View Post
    That battery module is recalibrated to allow the battery to discharge deeper and recharge a bit more. You get more range, but your power is the same. Interesting prospect, and I wonder why it's only for the 14-15 cars. They had a larger battery from the factory so...
    can i tune the battery module with hp tuners, or is a different hardware needed?

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I've read my total
    here is my file
    the chevy volt is exactly the same as the ampera
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by impactox; 10-02-2021 at 12:56 AM.