Thread: Frame Rate on TrackAddict issues

Potential Tuner

Frame Rate on TrackAddict issues

Hello everyone! So getting into editing some of my files from my AutoX he other day and I noticed a drift in video from my TA files and my Gopro files. Started investigating and found out the TA file is 29.85. When the gopro footage is at 29.97.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

There are a few things that could be happening here...

1) TrackAddict asks the system for 30 FPS (which may be 29.97 in some cases), but even in ideal conditions, some phones just won't give us that all the time, especially on Android. I've seen some reduce the rate in low light conditions, some that just don't support the rate we want at all, and it's possible that system and/or storage performance limitations could cause dropped frames too.

2) Sometimes this frame rate measurement can be skewed depending on the software that's doing it, especially for shorter videos... MPEG-4 / H.264 doesn't really have a fixed frame rate, but rather sample times and durations for each frame, so calculating a frame rate isn't always comprehensive or exact.

In any case, these videos should work well together in time-based video software, such as RaceRender and many others, and may still work well in frame-based products as well.