Thread: HELP 4l80e TCC tuning questions

Potential Tuner

HELP 4l80e TCC tuning questions

I recently had my 4l80e rebuilt and looking for some tuning information. Long story short I am now dealing with a 3600 stall SINGLE disk converter from Yank.
    I am trying to make this last by not locking up under WOT. First Question: Dave from yank told me to unlock anything past 40%. I am looking at the Auto TCC tab - apply/release speed - release TPS file. Is this where i would tune for the throttle to unlock when It rolls past 40% input? do that for normal and performance?

Also the converter locks when cruising about 50mph which is fine but it locks VERY slow. I would much rather have firm lock up. I am unsure on which tables to adjust for a firmer lock.
    Thanks in advance for sharing any information. Still new to tuning but learning alot from the people here.

Additional info
    Trans is in a 1500 turbo 5.3 truck on 15lbs.
    Will attach a tune file incase that would help thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by duramax537; 02-21-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Just make it so it never locks in 3rd gear at anytime to make it simple. Max out the table to equal 2nd gear.

You do not want to go full throttle with the truck in D4, unless you want to rebuild that transmission again some time in the future. You always want the gear selector in D3 on a 4L80e.

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok so I will imitate the max value in the apply table. Can I leave the release as is?

Tuner in Training
    Adjust your TCC Duty Cycle MAX/MIN tables. Set MAX to 98% and MIN to 75%. Try that, see if it's "solid" enough for you. If not, bump the MIN up until it feels good to you.

2012 Camaro SS/RS, LS3, m6, Whipple 2.9L, custom cam, E85, methanol
    2007 Avalanche, 5.3L "383", 2.3L Whipple, E85, custom cam