Thread: Is there any way to switch back to 1 bar OS?

Is there any way to switch back to 1 bar OS?

Got a customer that switched to a 2 bar os and has no need for it. (not boosted) Is there any way to go back to the original OS? If not can you use a 2 bar os with a one bar map sensor?

If you have to stock file you can.

Look in the change log file to see if the base tune is there if you don't have the stock file already.

Otherwise yeah, you can still run a 1 bar MAP on the 2 bar speed density OS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

The file is still there but when I open it, it seems to have converted it to the 2 bar os. Do you have to do anything special to use the 2 bar os with a 1 bar? He said after he switched OS it would no longer run. he said it starts but cuts right back off.

What kind of computer is it? Most need to have certain tables changed for running a speed density OS.

Maybe somebody never save the original file and wrote over it with the 2 bar OS.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

its a 07 TBSS with a e67

Going to 2 BAR OS on those computers make the new VE tables completely blank. It will not run right until you populate those tables.

You are going from VVE to regular VE, all 3 tables need to be made the same. IMRC open/closed and Ve DOD.

I tried populating it using info from a ve table from a camed 6.0 truck. They are oriented differently but I got it where is seemed like itd be close and it did not seem to help. it fires up every time fine but wont run longer then a couple seconds.

Post the tune.

here
    Attached Files Attached Files

Look at a stock TBSS VVE table and you'll see why the number you have do not work.

VVE and VE on GEN 4 computers have numbers in the 1,000-4,000 range on avg.

Oh! Yup now I see. Makes sense now. I will try to populate the table using info from the vve table of the stock file.

IS the "IMRC closed" table the only table needed or do you have to copy to the "IMRC open" table as well?

Make everything the same, that way no chance at it being different.

You likely will have to use an excel program to make all the numbers work when you copy them over. The axis are different IIRC.

yeah I saw that the RPM and MAP axis are opposite. I was hoping as long as I can get it to run I can just use the fuel trims to start cleaning it up.

If that proves to be to difficult can I do a MAF only tune without consequence with this OS?

If you have a stock tune file try write entire in stead of write calibration.