Thread: Boss 315 5.4L tune

Boss 315 5.4L tune

Have tuned a few turbos but I now have a 5.4L and I'm keen to get it going a little better. I know a Barra fairly well but not these. Any one done some work or tunes and is willing to help me. Car has middle muffler delete, K&n filter and underdrive! Goes like a slug :/

Advanced Tuner
    Like any car, especially naturally aspirated, you want to rely on bolt on mods to give you power potential...and then tune to suit. I personally don't bother with NA V8's with few mods.

Yeah the thing is legit a slug! For a big motor is has no balls! Was hoping someone here has dealt with them and could offer pointers! Seems like at the current stage there's not a real lot of gains to be had

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't bother, you barely feel the difference. If anything, tune the gearbox if it's auto.

As Toads has said when it's a tune only there's not a massive amount of gains as the platform is "all motor" but couple it up with some mods and they are a decent drive the 5.4, will never be as appealing as a boosted 6 but if you're familiar with N/A V8's then they hold their own modded no worries

I've done a few now and the biggest jump from stock is obviously intake and full exhaust coupled up with a tune

This is a before and after ( completely stock to K&N and extractors/cats/twin2.5 & tune ) and it doesn't look much but the drive is night and day it's manual

FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    I've been told that changing the cam sprockets makes them feel fairly lively, but can be fairly expensive too?