Thread: No Torque Converter Lockup

No Torque Converter Lockup

I have a new transmission with about 2500 miles on it. It's a Performabuilt (PB) Heavy Hauler 4l60e. The torque converter just stopped locking one day. The PCM is commanding lockup but nothing happens. Not like its slipping, like nothing. The only thing I noticed that seemed strange is that when monitoring TCC Lockup on the scanner, Is goes to "YES" any time I'm moving. I have it set to lock only in 4th above around 50 mph. I also have minimum pulse width set to 99% and maximum to 100% so that it either locks or not. I contacted PB and they quickly sent me a new TCC Solenoid but replacing it didn't seem to change anything. Is there anything else I can do to try to diagnose this issue?
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

Fighting solves everything...
    ...except partial differential equations.

Click here to combine multiple VE Logs into one.

Advanced Tuner
    Sent the min to 90 and max to 100. POST A TUNE IF YOU WANT HELP.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Tuner in Training
    what did we do to fix this

It was not a tuning problem. I sent the converter back to the manufacturer and they said the clutches were burned. They replaced the clutch and I haven't had a problem with it since.
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

Fighting solves everything...
    ...except partial differential equations.

Click here to combine multiple VE Logs into one.