Thread: Hit the dyno yesterday

Hit the dyno yesterday

Time for some headers now! But so far so good with HPT. I beat my Eurocharged tune by 10whp and the car drives better in general now.

final_numbers.jpg

stockVStuned.png

https://youtu.be/XwW3VVqCmK0

Tuner
    Yeah I'm not very happy with the drivability of my Eurocharged tune on the E55. Hoping these will be supported one day too.

Potential Tuner
    Thats my dyno, You should get those mbh headers you will pick up big power

That's next once I have a couple grand to throw at it lol.. Just bought a bigger house, need to recoup a bit

Potential Tuner
    Impressive gains! What mods have you done? And also, what's driveability like?

Tuner in Training
    Nice nice.....where did you find the 10hp? Timing or fuelling adjustments?

Also...is the interface quite straightforward for tuning the VVT? ie, intake cam 1 > load vs rpm, enter desired angle etc

Yea, the cam timing is pretty straightforward. The gains were from the cam timing for sure. I have a Eurocharged V7 tune which now has cam timing adjustment, from logging my car previously I can tell you for certain all of their other version were stock cam timing.

The car had ROW airboxes, AFE filters, secondary cats deleted, resonators deleted, tune Thats it. Before the most recent version of HPT I had no trouble getting commanded timing. For whatever reason now, no matter what I do, I can't get over 20* of timing. The power is at the 22* area, 24* is better if your gas is good enough.

Tuner in Training
    I have to ask........what were the before/after airflow figures if you don't mind sharing?

Also, does this mean that you're essentially building your own tune on top of the V7 tune?

As for timing...damn 20* ?? i'd like to know why I see such a wide variance on different cars. Recently i've been seeing solid 28s, 29s and even 31s (all mid/low 11 second cars) but then i also see some cars with a very tame 24-25 (like my car).

I'm going to fit a catch can soon and see if my car runs more timing without the oil potentially triggering the knock sensor. My manifold picks up loads of oil all the time.

But yeah going back to your car, if you'e seeing 20* right now on average and your power is mostly from the airflow...damn...just wait till you get the timing ramped up by several degrees

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicasaur View Post
    I have to ask........what were the before/after airflow figures if you don't mind sharing?

Also, does this mean that you're essentially building your own tune on top of the V7 tune?

As for timing...damn 20* ?? i'd like to know why I see such a wide variance on different cars. Recently i've been seeing solid 28s, 29s and even 31s (all mid/low 11 second cars) but then i also see some cars with a very tame 24-25 (like my car).

I'm going to fit a catch can soon and see if my car runs more timing without the oil potentially triggering the knock sensor. My manifold picks up loads of oil all the time.

But yeah going back to your car, if you'e seeing 20* right now on average and your power is mostly from the airflow...damn...just wait till you get the timing ramped up by several degrees
    Reading with interest the gains you guys managed with the HP Tuner, can any1 confirm that the timing adjustment limitation in the software has been taken care of? I am looking at purchasing my HP Tuner in the near future.
    Last edited by JM -C63 - CPT; 05-17-2018 at 08:55 AM.

I still see a difference between commanded and actual timing but Im able to force what I need. I need to hit the dyno again to see what it puts down now

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I still see a difference between commanded and actual timing but Im able to force what I need. I need to hit the dyno again to see what it puts down now
    Did you ever went back to dyno again? If so, any increases? Also, were you able to get Longtube headers installed? If so, which table would you configure to gain HP with longtube?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve