Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic Dodge Fuel Tuning Options and Steps

09 will be an NGC4 not a GPEC2 (I believe that started in 2011).

Regardless those are still some good links to browse.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmaniaccuda View Post
    09 will be an NGC4 not a GPEC2 (I believe that started in 2011).

Regardless those are still some good links to browse.
    My bad, you are correct.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...tion-2-25-Beta

I also have a 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 and have recently rebuilt and stroked it a bit to 430 cubes. have Edelbrock Heads and Intake, 90mm TB and Comp Cam 274 with Kooks long tubes and green cats.....having issue with mid to WOT running lean. I have made adjustments and have made very little progress. I adjusted stoich, made adj. to Inj. timing, went to fuel enrichment without much success. I'm new to this but trying to figure it out, any help appreciated.

What injectors are you using and what is the duty cycle of the injectors when you have a lean condition?
    Hellcat PB > ET: 10.092, MPH: 135.650, 60': 1.492, R/T: .000
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

https://youtube.com/user/fumanchu182

A question please guys,

If running stock injectors and NA setup, just intake and exhaust, then there is no need to adjust injectors pulse width or Mass right ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RedShark_JK View Post
    A question please guys,

If running stock injectors and NA setup, just intake and exhaust, then there is no need to adjust injectors pulse width or Mass right ?
    It depends. If you are leaving ANN on, then you change those to adjust fuel delivery under power enrichment to get your desired AFR at WOT. If you have ANN off, you set your Power Enrichment to be desired FA Ratio at WOT minus FA Stoich and adjust your VE tables to get the right AFR. With the new NN trainer, it may be possible to tune without changing injector settings, but I don't plan on using it since NN works best on bolt on's only cars. I wouldn't mess with any of that without a wideband O2 gauge. Otherwise, you have no way of knowing what your actual AFR is.
    Last edited by Iceyrider; 03-02-2021 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceyrider View Post
    It depends. If you are leaving ANN on, then you change those to adjust fuel delivery under power enrichment to get your desired AFR at WOT. If you have ANN off, you set your Power Enrichment to be desired FA Ratio at WOT minus FA Stoich and adjust your VE tables to get the right AFR. With the new NN trainer, it may be possible to tune without changing injector settings, but I don't plan on using it since NN works best on bolt on's only cars. I wouldn't mess with any of that without a wideband O2 gauge. Otherwise, you have no way of knowing what your actual AFR is.
    Thanks for heads up,
    I don't have a WB actually and the Jeep has only bolts on
    Hence I'm assuming leaving fuel stock would be best in my case ??

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RedShark_JK View Post
    Thanks for heads up,
    I don't have a WB actually and the Jeep has only bolts on
    Hence I'm assuming leaving fuel stock would be best in my case ??
    I would not recommend tuning open loop fueling in any way without a wide band O2. Your stock fueling may be a little rich for safety, but it won't hurt power that much. For example hemi stock tunes command any where from 11.1:1 to 12.4:1 at Wot. Peak torque with gasoline on a NA hemi is usually found in the low to mid 12's.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceyrider View Post
    I would not recommend tuning open loop fueling in any way without a wide band O2. Your stock fueling may be a little rich for safety, but it won't hurt power that much. For example hemi stock tunes command any where from 11.1:1 to 12.4:1 at Wot. Peak torque with gasoline on a NA hemi is usually found in the low to mid 12's.
    Not sure why its open loop ? I have NN On

I try to log STFT+LTFT against fuel mass and adjust to optimize it as i read in below thread:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...el+mass+tuning

as i understand that will improve fuel trims for PT and for WOT i will need a wideband

appreciate your patience and guidence

do u +or- to the cold enrich im lean right now

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    do u +or- to the cold enrich im lean right now
    - to lean, + to richen
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q