Thread: Injector and fuel pump duty cycle?

Senior Tuner

Injector and fuel pump duty cycle?

I've logged what I thought to be the correct channels for injector and fuel pump duty cycle. 4.8-4.9 ms converts to about 25% inj. dc. I would assume that would be times two for both banks? If so the factory injectors are plenty big for a 10.6 @ 130 mph pass.

Not sure I believe fuel pump duty cycle at only about 15%. Only channel I could find for my 2017 C7 Z06 that has to do with fp dc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

direct injection engines only spray between EVC and spark, not from IVC to IVO like port.

this is why DI is great under 700 rwhp and done after that (until you add a fuel lobe and/or meth).

you are reading the HPFP DC, not the in tank pump.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks Higgs. DI is new to me for sure. Looks like there are no channels available to read what I would like to see. My 2017 is almost stock anyway so for now fuel isn't a problem.

Monitor high and low side fuel pressures. When you are pushing the limits of the fuel system you will see it there.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Customizer View Post
    Monitor high and low side fuel pressures. When you are pushing the limits of the fuel system you will see it there.
    No channels for those available at least for my 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    No channels for those available at least for my 2017.
    its called Rail Pressure and Fuel Pressure

I watch pulse width for DI cars. Once you start going over 5ms you are technically out of time to inject. You can inject a little earlier or you can command higher fuel pressure but once you really get into the 725 range on C7Z parts you will need meth as you won't be able to keep PW down.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

I watch pulse width for DI cars. Once you start going over 5ms you are technically out of time to inject. You can inject a little earlier or you can command higher fuel pressure but once you really get into the 725 range on C7Z parts you will need meth as you won't be able to keep PW down.
    Thanks Higgs! I'll log that next time out and see where I am. It's almost stock but would like to check before adding more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Thanks Higgs! I'll log that next time out and see where I am. It's almost stock but would like to check before adding more mods.
    well according to the screen shot you are at 4.8 :-)

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

Quite a fuel rail pressure I have at over 3K psi. Not sure I believe the numbers in my log.

I did lose traction. Car won't hold traction at 60 mph with my factory radials even on concrete.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Set your rail pressure units to mpa so it's easier to compare to your tune commanded value.