Thread: Cheaper way to do this?

Potential Tuner

Cheaper way to do this?

Hey guys...I was just wondering if there might be a possibility of a cheaper way to buy the HPTuners software and cable stuff for those of us who have no intention of tuning anything but their own vehicle.

I really can't see the need for me to spend $499 to get all of the needed stuff, plus 6 extra credits that I won't use (my truck is 2 credits). Is there hope somewhere in my future that you guys will offer a package for say...$250-300 that includes the software, cable, and 2 credits?

Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck trying to convince people that I know what I'm doing and charge them to tune their crap.

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ebay or classifieds section would be your best bet...if you just wanna tune your vehicle you'd have 6 credits left over meaning you could probably still sell your unit for ~$400 and only be down $100. I don't see their initial price going down anytime soon...its been the same $499 for 2+ years now. 2 years ago it was $499 for 1 year locked vehicle...now they've given people enough credits to tune 4 different vehicles with that same amount.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 06-07-2006 at 02:12 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Find some people witha similar car as your own, and tune theirs for cheap.
    Make the money back that way.