Thread: DBW : APP logging 166% at full throw, TPS at 100% when APP is at 66%...HELP

DBW : APP logging 166% at full throw, TPS at 100% when APP is at 66%...HELP

LS swapping my 72 longbed GMC with a 5.3l and having pedal position issues as compared to throttle position. TPS shows 100% when APP shows 66%, the the rest of the pedal throw does nothing to throttle, because it's maxed, and continues to throw until APP logs 166%.

Very touchy, making trans tuning a little tough, and its not right.

Can I scale so APP or ETC so that TPS gets to 100% when APP hits around 150%, which is really about 90-95% of the physical throw?

Searched a bit...brain hurts from all the dead ends.

Thanks much, John

Any codes?
    Is it going into REP?
    Generally,the APP,TAC module,T/B have to be from the same year and vehicle. At least on a gen 3 truck.

Have tried several metal truck pedals and they throw codes after a few presses. Ended up with a plastic 07 pedal because I can drive it at least. I have tons of PCMs, TAC boxes, and pedals.....all seem to have issues. Most are 03-05 pedals and TAC, few newer plastic ones too.

Cannot believe there's no way to tune around it. If I could extend the columns to 160 pedal % then spread TPS 0-100 across that.... I'd be golden. Very simple scaling math but....I tend to over simplify when I don't know. I believe there are several things that rely on pedal position so they'd all have to be changed.

No codes get thrown either.....just wicked touchy throttle.
    Last edited by mercrising; 03-07-2017 at 10:25 PM. Reason: cheese burger

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever figure out the issue? I'm having the same problem.

Tuner in Training
    i have the same issue to. HPT didnt have any info for me. I thought my issue was from a bad rewrite of the OS but im not sure. if stop my pedal from going over 65% then its fine ut fuck is that annoying to drive. Im getting another p59 to try. all my stuff came from the same vehicle too. but the guy that did my segment swap didnt actually segment swap it. he wrote a whole diff OS over my file. my file was a 04 and he wrote a 05 over it.

Tuner in Training
    i fixed it today by writing the OS from this file and porting my tune over to it after i did the 3 bar swap
    stock 06 2500 file with 4l80e and my tune with that file and 3 bar segment my tune is s475 billet with ID850s and sloppy stage 2 cam thats it. 500whp 14lbs 14* timing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Did it cost additional credits to write the 06 file?