Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost and Raptor Now Supported!

Potential Tuner
    What hardware (ECM and TCM) are used in the 17's? When I connect I get a drop down menu with a bunch of different ones. I have tried selecting most of the Ford ones but no luck so far.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bhebert3 View Post
    What hardware (ECM and TCM) are used in the 17's? When I connect I get a drop down menu with a bunch of different ones. I have tried selecting most of the Ford ones but no luck so far.

Thanks
    TC-277. Make sure you are using the latest beta.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Delete.
    Last edited by Chally; 05-07-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Tuner in Training
    anyone wanted to share a good 2017 raptor tune?

Quote Originally Posted by elzarra View Post
    anyone wanted to share a good 2017 raptor tune?
    Stock Tune for a Raptor Runs unbelievably well.

If your looking for someone to give you a tune that you can just plug and play there are tuners selling them now.

If you are looking to tune it your self start a thread and post a read of yours and a log and some of the fine people on this forum will help you toward your goal.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Stock Raptor File.
    Can you post one with the trans tune please.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar86 View Post
    Can you post one with the trans tune please.
    looking for same thing here

With VCM Suite 3.5 Beta, HP Tuners is now proud to offer tuning and data logging support for 2017+ Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost and Raptor.

This release makes VCM Suite the FIRST software to offer full tuning support.

The 2017+ F-150 3.5L Ecoboost and Raptor now have both Port and Direct Injection, and with this use a brand new ECM. Our flashing takes 18 seconds!

NOTE: Individual vehicle licensing for the 2017+ Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost and Raptor is 4 credits. 10-Speed TCM support is not covered in this release.

Is the 15 Second flashing with the VCM pro or Hptuners Ngauge?

Tuner in Training
    Added it today.
    this one did not work for me, i set auto shutoff to disable and max time to 1,000,000, it still shutoff at stops but now it odes not start automatically, i have to start with the button again. any idea?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by elzarra View Post
    this one did not work for me, i set auto shutoff to disable and max time to 1,000,000, it still shutoff at stops but now it odes not start automatically, i have to start with the button again. any idea?

thanks.
    Idle Auto Shutoff IS NOT the same thing is Auto Start Stop. On almost all new Fords that sit and idle for 30 minutes, the ECU will kill the engine. That is Idle Auto Shutoff.

Auto Start Stop is in the System tab, and there is a switch to enable or disable it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    that will help so much, i didn't noticed that switch, I'll try it ASAP. thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Idle Auto Shutoff IS NOT the same thing is Auto Start Stop. On almost all new Fords that sit and idle for 30 minutes, the ECU will kill the engine. That is Idle Auto Shutoff.

Auto Start Stop is in the System tab, and there is a switch to enable or disable it.
    When disabling auto start/stop on my '17 f150 eb, it will throw a dash error message for steering system fault. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson Tuning View Post
    When disabling auto start/stop on my '17 f150 eb, it will throw a dash error message for steering system fault. Any ideas?
    Does it go away when you re-enable it? Email support with your file, so we can double check the mapping.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    HPTuners - can you clarify the number of credits to tune the Gen 2 3.5 in the 17's? This sticky says 4 and I don't see any notice of that changing, but I am hearing conflicting information.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bankyf View Post
    HPTuners - can you clarify the number of credits to tune the Gen 2 3.5 in the 17's? This sticky says 4 and I don't see any notice of that changing, but I am hearing conflicting information.
    4 credits for the ECM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    So can you load a stock 2017 raptor file into a regular f-150 3.5 eco? And how will it benefit if so?

It is not recommended for you to load any other file from another vehicle. I believe turbo size manifolds and other stuff change on a raptor than a regular ecoboost

Credit fee for this have been lowered to 2 credits for ECM, 2 for TCM. Use latest beta.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Credit fee for this have been lowered to 2 credits for ECM, 2 for TCM. Use latest beta.
    Any ETA on support for 2018s?

Tuner in Training

my 2017 F-150 3.5 eco 10 speed stock file