Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost and Raptor Now Supported!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar86 View Post
    Can you post one with the trans tune please.
    did anyone ever get a chance to post the raptors trans tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbomustang93 View Post
    did anyone ever get a chance to post the raptors trans tune?
    Here is a stock 2017 Raptor ECM and TCM tune.

Stock.hpt

Potential Tuner
    sorry I am new to this forum and HP tuners and ngauge lol. I see the stock raptor .hpt file but do you have the stock nguage format .stk file?? I had a problem today and got stuck for a little while and my stock file on my ngauge said "wrong vehicle file" I have the latest ngauge firmware and read and saved the stock TCM and ECM files. it saved as stockfile.stk in the stock folder on the SD card. Its strange cause I have no problems loading the "91 daily tune" files from 5star.
    couple of questions.... are all the 2017 and 2018 all models (801 and 802a) of raptors have the same stock tune from factory?
    are hpt files compatible with the stk files on the ngauge? if not how do you convert them to ngauge files?
    any one have a stock file that works with ngauge??
    any one have the stock ford performance tune that I hear has been in the works?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 2108raptor808 View Post
    sorry I am new to this forum and HP tuners and ngauge lol. I see the stock raptor .hpt file but do you have the stock nguage format .stk file?? I had a problem today and got stuck for a little while and my stock file on my ngauge said "wrong vehicle file" I have the latest ngauge firmware and read and saved the stock TCM and ECM files. it saved as stockfile.stk in the stock folder on the SD card. Its strange cause I have no problems loading the "91 daily tune" files from 5star.
    couple of questions.... are all the 2017 and 2018 all models (801 and 802a) of raptors have the same stock tune from factory?
    are hpt files compatible with the stk files on the ngauge? if not how do you convert them to ngauge files?
    any one have a stock file that works with ngauge??
    any one have the stock ford performance tune that I hear has been in the works?

thank you
    I think you can open up the .stk stock file from the folder on your n-gauge with hptuners vcm suite and convert it to the .enc format under File>export to e-motion then just move it to your custom tune folder on your n-gauge sd card.

Tuner
    Anyone familiar with tuning 2015-16 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost also tune 2017+ and know the differences in the software as it relates to knowing what to change when modifying torque management, fuel, and spark? There are differences with some of the settings and additional settings or things moved to other places and don?t want to miss anything.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, anybody has a ecu pin out for bench flashing ??

i have a car that needed to be put original and ford can't get into the car... so got the ecu by mail.....(long distance....expensive towing...)

A couple more advanced questions:

1) I see flex fuel tables peppered throughout the mapping but it's not clear if flex fuel can be enabled. If it can be enabled is there a physical pin on the ECU we attach the sensor signal to or do these internal tables use a "virtual" flex fuel sensor?

2) I noticed the raptor has knock control set to "global" rather than "by cylinder". Has anyone tried changing this? Is it "safe" to change it to "by cylinder"?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Burger View Post
    A couple more advanced questions:

1) I see flex fuel tables peppered throughout the mapping but it's not clear if flex fuel can be enabled. If it can be enabled is there a physical pin on the ECU we attach the sensor signal to or do these internal tables use a "virtual" flex fuel sensor?

2) I noticed the raptor has knock control set to "global" rather than "by cylinder". Has anyone tried changing this? Is it "safe" to change it to "by cylinder"?
    There is a tab for Flex Fuel on Fuel page, make sure you have latest update to VCM editor--you can then enable it under General section, as you guessed it appears E% is inferred by looking at the available settings.

Potential Tuner
    Who is actually selling a tune for the 525hp raptor shelby?

because i dont see anyone

BR thanks

Tuner in Training
    is the MPVI2 needed for these? I still have my old mpvi1 due to having the pro features, I know I'm behind the times and the pro features are probably available on mpvi2 now

Quote Originally Posted by noorj View Post
    is the MPVI2 needed for these? I still have my old mpvi1 due to having the pro features, I know I'm behind the times and the pro features are probably available on mpvi2 now
    no

Tuner in Training
    any chance we could get tables #44584 and #21330 added to the definition?

For anyone interested, here's my 2018MY Raptor stock tune file:
    NoorJ_18MY_Raptor.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by noorj View Post
    any chance we could get tables #44584 and #21330 added to the definition?

For anyone interested, here's my 2018MY Raptor stock tune file:
    NoorJ_18MY_Raptor.hpt
    Hptuners Engineers don’t read the forum.

You have to submit a support ticket to request tables to be added.

Pretty easy to do.
    Last edited by LastPlace; 06-14-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Does anyone know why the file sizes are different from year to year? The 2017 stock file on page 1 is 2091KB while that of 2018 is 2185KB!