Thread: Programming 4L60e to hold 1st gear?

Tuner in Training

Programming 4L60e to hold 1st gear?

Hello guys, I am very new to this stuff and was just wondering if it is possible to program my 4l60e to hold 1st gear when the shifter is manually put into 1st. As of now it will shift to 2nd when the rpm and speed have been met. Thanks

go to shift tables, part throttle speed settings. go to normal tab,go to d1 and put in 318 in all 1->2 shift sections

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 13qtr View Post
    go to shift tables, part throttle speed settings. go to normal tab,go to d1 and put in 318 in all 1->2 shift sections
    Thank you very much for the help, I have hp tuners on order so within a week I should be able to try this. Will the transmission still shift normally with the shifter in the 4th gear position after setting it up like that? Thanks

yes as long as you have the 'normal' tab speed settings correct. On my 05 gto.. I have the 'normal' tab set up for regular shifts. The D1 is the 318 and D2..I have set to all 0's. I have it set up to hold in 1st in D1, and hold in 2nd in D2. If in the D2..from a stop it will start off in 2nd...if you want that.
    '

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help!