Thread: Will not connect to GoPro (android)

Potential Tuner

Will not connect to GoPro (android)

So I have used the app in the past and it worked just fine. I got a new phone (nexus 5x) and now it will not connect. It connects to the GoPro app on the phone, but not to the TrackAddict app. It will show up as connected for a split second once I leave the "more options" page but then disconnects. Any ideas? Thanks!

You might need to go into your device's WiFi settings and manually connect it to the GoPro's WiFi network, as the phone's automatic WiFi scan interval may leave you waiting a while, and might not automatically select one like this that doesn't have Internet connectivity. The TrackAddict version 3.4.5 update that's coming this week will also try to assist with this situation for Android users, by initiating more frequent WiFi scans when you have it set to use a WiFi-based device.

Manual selection could still be needed if you're in range of a hotspot or other known WiFi access point that the phone could view as preferential. Also make sure that your phone's own hotspot feature is not enabled, as that usually blocks it from connecting to other WiFi networks.