Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat Fellas! U1424 and P1DD2, what do we know

Potential Tuner

Hellcat Fellas! U1424 and P1DD2, what do we know

What do we know about larger throttle body flow and torque calculations at or near idle? Working with a monster throttle body on a big blower Hellcat, only issue left with the car is if left idling it throws these two codes. I understand it is flowing more air than it is looking for, but I haven't been successful in harnessing that in yet. Anybody else out there dealt with this yet? When logging idle you can see how far off actual torque vs desired is. Log attached, any thoughts or input appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Whipple 4.5 and their big oval T/B?

Potential Tuner
    Yes sir. Messed with one?

Potential Tuner
    Looking like HP doesn't have the table to make this work. Grrr

Tuner in Training
    Post up your tune file - I dont have a cat file infront of me - I thought there was a value for this - its assembled from 2 different idle tables.
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTurbo View Post
    Post up your tune file - I dont have a cat file infront of me - I thought there was a value for this - its assembled from 2 different idle tables.
    Are you talking about the small and large TB airflow tables?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenPerf View Post
    Yes sir. Messed with one?
    Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks. I had some "issues" with ours. Also you need to log total air flow. That's the T/B airflow.

Potential Tuner
    No leaks, I'll let you know if our current solution doesn't fix it, found a fix in another software, now we will see if we can make the HP side work. If it works I'll post it up.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenPerf View Post
    No leaks, I'll let you know if our current solution doesn't fix it, found a fix in another software, now we will see if we can make the HP side work. If it works I'll post it up.
    Sounds good. If you know what tables you need see if HPT will add them.

Make sure you using the latest VCM Suite 3.4 or VCM Suite 3.5 beta. We are constantly improving the software, fixing bugs, adding parameters, etc. Especially in VCM Suite 3.5 beta, new stuff gets added almost daily. Your issue may have been solved in a newer version of the software. If you need the beta, just email support. Make sure to include your MPVI Serial Number.

After you download latest, be sure to check over your tune again and make sure that everything is set the way you need it to. I know we corrected a bug or 2 that were affecting 15+ Hellcats/SRTs recently in beta.

Advanced Tuner
    Just finished one up. Was having a lot of issues with map sensor rationality checks, torque calculation and getting the etc light @ idle in neutral with p2110. I had to go through and find all of the map checks, the pwm threshold @ idle and the engine torque calculation table and have them all added so that i could get it right. Car drives perfect now. No limp mode driveability is perfect.

Advanced Tuner
    Ask Mark to add the stuff i requested and you should be able to dial it in.

Btw hpt still hasn't added the parametet to open the throttle fully for whatever reason. I did find it though

Tuner in Training
    I keep catching limp mode in new ways on this 2016 hellcat - it seems that everything is logically set to just not car how much airflow it sees- currently P0069
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTurbo View Post
    I keep catching limp mode in new ways on this 2016 hellcat - it seems that everything is logically set to just not car how much airflow it sees- currently P0069
    There are offsets for map baro correlation which can be opened up to remedy that. Have them added

Potential Tuner
    do you have a email address so i can send you my hellcat calibration having trouble with U1424 P012B whipple 4.5 id 1300cc

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by edgar View Post
    do you have a email address so i can send you my hellcat calibration having trouble with U1424 P012B whipple 4.5 id 1300cc
    Try entering these parameters :
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/khrT6JCkbiJDHUxz9
    If fixed my U1424 code. I don't know how it worked, but it did.

Tuner in Training
    Hi friends any one knows how calibrate the 105mm throttle body or have a link to read in wich adress we need to go to calibrate this one ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toxicperformance View Post
    Hi friends any one knows how calibrate the 105mm throttle body or have a link to read in wich adress we need to go to calibrate this one ?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat also.

Tuner in Training
    Guess is not to much difference but have to be sure befor install

Senior Tuner
    Scale throttle body airflow up. I never really have problems with the big throttle bodies but always make the same sets of changes so not sure another change doesn't prevent issues. I believe if you go up maybe 30% on throttle bidy airflow you'll be fine.

Some aftermarket throttle bodies don't seem to close in a way that restricts airflow very well and need quite a bit of air added to table at low near closed voltages to prevent a hanging idle and code.