Thread: (pe eq ratio gas) vs (pe eq ratio alcohol)

Tuner

(pe eq ratio gas) vs (pe eq ratio alcohol)

at what percentage alcohol does it switch to the alcohol pe table? or doesn't it work that way?
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Tuning Addict
    Depends on what you have in the multiplier table and how everything else is setup.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by davez28 View Post
    at what percentage alcohol does it switch to the alcohol pe table? or doesn't it work that way?
    Check the "[ECM] 12636 - PE/COT Spark Advance Correction Mult vs. Fuel Composition" table. Here is how I have mine set up. Basically nothing happens until 10%+ then it interpolates up to the 20% cell.

HNEK8yp.jpg
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Check the "[ECM] 12636 - PE/COT Spark Advance Correction Mult vs. Fuel Composition" table. Here is how I have mine set up. Basically nothing happens until 10%+ then it interpolates up to the 20% cell.

HNEK8yp.jpg
    So that table not only adds spark but also switches to the eq ratio (alcohol) table?

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    So that table not only adds spark but also switches to the eq ratio (alcohol) table?
    Sorry my bad...that table only effects spark. As far as I know the PE should always be interpolated based on alcohol % (0-100%) between the [ECM] 12400 and [ECM] 12403 tables.

If the tables are the same, then nothing will change with E during PE. Are you specifically seeing something off in your logs?

My Tuning Software:

MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry my bad...that table only effects spark. As far as I know the PE should always be interpolated based on alcohol % (0-100%) between the [ECM] 12400 and [ECM] 12403 tables.

If the tables are the same, then nothing will change with E during PE. Are you specifically seeing something off in your logs?
    Nope, not at all. I've never ran E through my car (yet). I was just confused as to if that flex fuel spark table was doing more than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    Nope, not at all. I've never ran E through my car (yet). I was just confused as to if that flex fuel spark table was doing more than I thought.
    Peep this: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post712615

My Tuning Software:

MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Advanced Tuner
    will do, thanks!