Thread: Best way to limit di fuel when adding port fuel?

Best way to limit di fuel when adding port fuel?

My plan is a maf controlled added ecm. Flatline the stock maf at 60-70lbs of air and phase in the port injection as the airflow goes past that point. Seems like it would be simple.

Do I need to worry about incorrect tq readings in the stock ECM? My thoughts are it will be seeing at least 600ftlbs and that should be enough to get the trans pressures all the way as high as they are going to go.

Is there a better way?
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    My plan is a maf controlled added ecm. Flatline the stock maf at 60-70lbs of air and phase in the port injection as the airflow goes past that point. Seems like it would be simple.

Do I need to worry about incorrect tq readings in the stock ECM? My thoughts are it will be seeing at least 600ftlbs and that should be enough to get the trans pressures all the way as high as they are going to go.

Is there a better way?
    Airflow equals torque. If the actual airflow is off then the reported torque will be off. I'd push the factory system as far as it can go and then feather in the fueling you need.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

70lbs of air is when I run out of hpfp. I am looking for the best way to keep the stock computer from attempting to add any more fuel above that point.

Eventually I will be adding a significant amount of port injected fuel and if I use the flatline the maf at 70lbs I could be adding several hundred ftlbs that will not be reported.

Is there a better way or is this a good plan?

You want to set your MAF so that your pulse width stays at 5ms and run just enough port fuel or meth or whatever to still hit your commanded AFR.

What criteria are you using to determine 70 lbs is your limit? Pulse width? Rail Pressure? Fuel Pressure? AFR/Lambda?

At around 70lbs my rail pressure tanks and that causes the injectors pw to spike. At 65lbs of air my rail pressure holds and pw is in the low 5sec range.

I don't want to spill all the beans right now, but I will be releasing my LT DI port injection plug and play controller very soon, I will be needing a couple more BETA testers.
    PM if interested.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    At around 70lbs my rail pressure tanks and that causes the injectors pw to spike. At 65lbs of air my rail pressure holds and pw is in the low 5sec range.
    ok perfect. That's what you want to tune the stock fuel system to, 65 lbs and 5ms.

The flat line idea actually sounds pretty good, I have never tried it.