Thread: C7 Z06 procharger

C7 Z06 procharger

This car previously had a cam and we swapped the stock blower out for a F1A and changed nothing else. Ive broken out the baro sensor from the MAF because it was screwing me up but I still cant get this thing to idle at commanded rpm or even run positive timing at idle. Ive played with vitual tq tables going all the way to +-150% from original values in 10% increments, EQ Tq values, DD tables, speed control reserve, etc. The VE table should be close but I cant let the car run long enough to really log any changes when its running so little timing at idle.

Any help would be appreciated at this point. As i have a 2016 Silverado with a whipple and the same cam having the same exact problem.
    Last edited by meatbag; 03-18-2017 at 08:51 AM.

It seems to thing there's a bunch of air going in... 2.7_lb/min and .48g/cyl seems very high to me. I'd try and just take fueling out. That will help the ECU assume that less air is going in, and it should bring torque in to manage it.
    Also can play with idle reserve torque.

Ive tried that, trims go to +50% and car has a hard time starting but i get some timing back. I hope that is not the answer because it goes against proper airflow in my mind.
    Last edited by meatbag; 03-17-2017 at 09:33 AM.

The cylinder airmass alone tells you there's too much air... Should be half of what I'm seeing.
    Plus I don't see how you're getting two different values for manifold pressure...

Another log after lowering virtual tq values in idle area. When the idle goes up to 1000rpm that is me doing it with the scanner.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by meatbag; 03-17-2017 at 11:03 AM.

stock throttle body?

Stock throttle body, cam, f1a procharger, MAF is in a 4" tube before throttle body, BAro sensor is broken out.

I think you're also logging the wrong things, being that there are doubles of some sensors. If that's a stock cam, then the manifold pressure is way off for some reason. I also see two different MAP values...

I log both MAP values because I had some car that use one and ones that use another for acutal, i am not really sure why a difference exists.This car has a cam and i tuned it previously with the cam already, the only change on this visit is the supercharger.

Oh, I misread your last post. Thought you said stock cam, my mistake...

Had another tuner come over to help me out, got it figured out.

so what was the real issue? how was it solved?

Ended up adjusting the EQtq table and putting VVE table back to stock and car ran great.